Sign in to follow this  
Sebjo89

Volumetric Clouds in XP

2 hours ago, airlinejets said:

Yes, I would hope LR would look at Unigine for sure.

But isn't Unigine a complete game engine? You can't just have the clouds, you have to have the whole environment (of which the clouds are just a part).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Lot of games that use the Unigine engine use TrueSky for Unigine. For some reason the clouds look a lot better in these games than in FSW. Maybe, DTG detuned the cloud settings until they can get a better handle on overall performance. As someone previously mentioned, the FSW clouds are blurry and some have aurora-like swirling that seems like an artifact of some sort. It's bound to get better, but right now, the clouds aren't anywhere near as realistic those provided by EnvTex/ASCA but they are probably better than SMP.

22 hours ago, x-plane 123 said:

*Unfortunately I forgot to save the image and I haven't been able to find it again. 

I actually have the image that you referring to. That one which Andrey said took 45min to render(load).

2 hours ago, Sebjo89 said:

I actually have the image that you referring to. That one which Andrey said took 45min to render(load).

Oh, really? Any chance you could post it here?

1 hour ago, Sebjo89 said:

Post it here for us to see !!!!!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Oh, really? Any chance you could post it here?

pic1.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sebjo89 said:

pic1.jpg

That looks like a developing anvil head CB, and it's exactly the kind of thing XP can't model, because it extends through too much vertical space. Also no modeling of vertical convection inside the system.

If the ExEnviro devs are rendering images like this for a future update, it's probably for 2D billboards shown in the distance, and not anything actually "in" the simulation that the plane can interact with.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

8 hours ago, Sebjo89 said:

pic1.jpg

This is exactly the sort of thing that volumetric should be able to accomplish, but never actually does to date, because of the resources required. That being the case, billboards will probably be with us for quite a while longer.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

15 hours ago, Sebjo89 said:

pic1.jpg

Impressive !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar