Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

brake temperature stay @ 0

hello

this evening i installed the two last files available for these planes, in the log i read something about the brake maybe i have not understand because i thought the problem about temperature stay to 0 degre was clear, but just finish a flight, landed with autobrake 2 at nice airport,and 0 degre 

So i don t think it is normal, if someone can say something about that

thanks

Frédéric Giraud

The 737 is not like 777 or 744. The brakes can take much more abuse before overheating, also depend if you have steel or carbon brakes selected.

I have manages to overheat them only on high speed rto

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

in this case it was steel, ok for your answer, but i don't think a material can stay at this temperature without warming up

Frédéric Giraud

10 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

in this case it was steel, ok for your answer, but i don't think a material can stay at this temperature without warming up

The first issue here is that it isn't directly temp units. It's an ambiguous unit.

The second issue is that the NGX uses an older braking temp soak method that's largely dependent on sim information. Given the incredibly high friction in the sim, not a lot of braking is necessary, so the temp levels are artificially lower simply as a matter of using sim data. In other words, not using brakes at all, the sim decelerates the plane significantly higher than a plane really would. As autobrake is based on deceleration rate (and not amount of brake applied), if the sim is already providing 50% of that deceleration force because their ground friction model is borked, you only need 50% of the realistic level of brake application to get the proper rate (due to the sim's faulty model). The result is lower temps.

We fixed this in the 777 and 747 (even more with the 747, which got rolled back into the 777).

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

thanks for your explanation kyle, it s very clear now, so to expect to see a little warm up i should use autobrake max, i will try that

Frédéric Giraud

19 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

thanks for your explanation kyle, it s very clear now, so to expect to see a little warm up i should use autobrake max, i will try that

Welcome. If you really want to see it, use manual braking. The AB function will automatically use less brake because the sim itself is providing a lot of the decel force on its own. (Think of a runway covered in peanut butter.)

Kyle Rodgers