Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The way to get rid of the dirty exhaust black puff balls...

If you want them gone, just use Plane Maker, and under Engines, Dirty Exhaust , set the rating to .001

That will give you the heat shimmer, but no corny black puff balls...that looks like the engine has indigestion. LOLOLOL!

That gets rid of it.   You need to do this for every plane that you want them gone...

Hi Mitch,

Do you mean the hot air shimmering effect? I remember a plugin at the org for XP10, don't remember the name but was something HDR shimmering... 

What I would like to know is how to turn the vapor contrails from grey to white.

Cheers,

Alexander Colka

21 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Hi Mitch,

Do you mean the hot air shimmering effect? I remember a plugin at the org for XP10, don't remember the name but was something HDR shimmering... 

What I would like to know is how to turn the vapor contrails from grey to white.

Cheers,

Uh no..not the shimmering. I like that...it was the dirty exhaust, dorky looking black puff balls. I just used Plane Maker...and dropped the rating to .001.  That did the trick. :)

BTW, grabbed the latest nVidia driver suite 384.94...and am rocking along at 50 FPS!

Thanks Mitch!  I hate that stupid black smoke.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

2 hours ago, alexcolka said:

The last I heard about contrails, there are improvements on the way that require particle effects to be fully enabled, and that isn't in yet. Maybe that's coming in v1.10?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Uh no..not the shimmering. I like that...it was the dirty exhaust, dorky looking black puff balls. I just used Plane Maker...and dropped the rating to .001.  That did the trick. :)

BTW, grabbed the latest nVidia driver suite 384.94...and am rocking along at 50 FPS!

Understood. Yes those drivers are so great indeed!

Alexander Colka

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

The last I heard about contrails, there are improvements on the way that require particle effects to be fully enabled, and that isn't in yet. Maybe that's coming in v1.10?

Thanks Paraffin for the info I was worried wondering if I'm the only one.

Alexander Colka

Can I clarify please. Are we talking about engine exhaust that spews out of the planes engines, dark brown, looks like a bloody engine fire?

I hate this exhaust effect.

-2017-jul-28-004.md.jpg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

6 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Can I clarify please. Are we talking about engine exhaust that spews out of the planes engines, dark brown, looks like a bloody engine fire?

I hate this exhaust effect.

Right, that's the effect you can eliminate in the setting: Plane Maker, Engines, Dirty Exhaust. Set it as low as it will go and the dark smoke will disappear.

Austin must have a really smokey Lancair, with this default setting. :biggrin:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

7 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Right, that's the effect you can eliminate in the setting: Plane Maker, Engines, Dirty Exhaust. Set it as low as it will go and the dark smoke will disappear.

Austin must have a really smokey Lancair, with this default setting. :biggrin:

Thank you sir.

So this is my first attempt at using the plane maker, lauched, looking for something called dirty exhaust under all sorts of headings can't find it.

OK  found it under SFC/Sound tab.  Perfect let me give it a go.

Near CAM3

I saw my payware  SSG 748 with an AI flying it. At first I thought it was a meteor because there was dark smoke cloud behind it that was visible before the jet. Strangely when I fly it I don't get the heavy black smoke...

OK what am I doing wrong!

I open a plane in plane marker.

I select STANDARD TAB > SFC/SOUND TAB> bottom right corner there is "exhaust dirtiness" - I dial down to 0.01.

I save the plane and try loading that model, still the same, great big puffs of smoke.

Tried rebooting the sim and same thing.

BTW I'm talking about a plane sitting on the tarmac with engines running.

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I dial down to 0.01.

Mitch said use .001 .  Give that a try.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Just now, turnandbank said:

Mitch said use .001 .  Give that a try.

hi, mine doesnt have three decimal points, only two...i assumed mitch made a typo.

Near CAM3

33 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

hi, mine doesnt have three decimal points, only two...i assumed mitch made a typo.

Sorry. I haven't tried this myself, I just noticed the discrepancy between yours and Mitch's number. Hopefully you can get it to work.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2