Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The way to get rid of the dirty exhaust black puff balls...

7 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

BTW I'm talking about a plane sitting on the tarmac with engines running.

Are you sure it's the engine exhaust and not the spray due to wet runway? Check in the weather settings if the runway is set to dry or not (could be wet even if there's no rain)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

8 hours ago, Murmur said:

Are you sure it's the engine exhaust and not the spray due to wet runway? Check in the weather settings if the runway is set to dry or not (could be wet even if there's no rain)

please see the sceen shot i posted near the top of the thread, the aero commander spewing exhaust on a hot summer day.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

20 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

please see the sceen shot i posted near the top of the thread, the aero commander spewing exhaust on a hot summer day.

As I said, in X-Plane the runway could be wet even if there are summer temperatures and no rain.

In any case, can you check if it also happens when the aircraft is sitting on an asphalt runway, please?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

After taking another look at that Aero Commander image, I agree with Murmer that it might be a blown dirt effect on that particular ground surface. The engine smoke is a darker color, for one thing. It's normal to see blown FOD like that on some surfaces (it's more intense with helicopters).

See if the same effect is shown on an asphalt runway, and in flight. If you're still seeing it, then double-check that you saved the model with the right name in Planemaker, and that you're actually loading that same model in the sim.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

5 hours ago, Murmur said:

As I said, in X-Plane the runway could be wet even if there are summer temperatures and no rain.

In any case, can you check if it also happens when the aircraft is sitting on an asphalt runway, please?

4 hours ago, Paraffin said:

After taking another look at that Aero Commander image, I agree with Murmer that it might be a blown dirt effect on that particular ground surface. The engine smoke is a darker color, for one thing. It's normal to see blown FOD like that on some surfaces (it's more intense with helicopters).

See if the same effect is shown on an asphalt runway, and in flight. If you're still seeing it, then double-check that you saved the model with the right name in Planemaker, and that you're actually loading that same model in the sim.

Hey guys, this is why I come to these forums, helpful insight, especially to someone new to XP.

So I moved to another airport and other after than. Everything is perfect it is in fact fixed.

So it appears this freeware addon "CYVP - Kuujjuaq", in northern Quebec is the issue.

Even though I'm on tarmac, its making a dust storm out behind the plane engines at this airport.

Thanks for your patience seeing me through this.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi,

I'm new to XP also.

Is it possible to you guys accidentally activate "airshow smoke" by pressing "X" key?

Easier than AEd...

Regards