Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Windows Creator Game Mode

...gave me a boost of about 3-4 FPS in any given situation.

Game Mode engaged and nVidia 384.94  driver suite, is giving great, and sustainable FPS performance....

b738_63.png

b738_66.png

b738_67.png

b738_68.png

Game mode? I must be living under a rock, how do I enable that?

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

Settings --> Gamming, by clicking the gear Wheel  icon in the Win menu...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

10 hours ago, bk2000 said:

keep on dreaming...

You keep on dreaming, lol. I'm enjoying what I posted...yep..keep dreaming...

I had read about this feature early on and there were a number of xp11 user discussions. Most had stated it crashed or did not do a thing for them. Some thought the problems were the nvidia drivers, others said it might be an addon causing xp to crash. Anyway I never really paid much attention after that.

Just curious Mitch, did you have any issues, or were there any pre-adjustments that you may have had to make? 

Bob

Interesting review here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3187171/windows/tested-windows-10s-game-mode-makes-unplayable-games-playable-sometimes.html

The bottom line seems to be that it can help if your system is already struggling or you have a lot of background tasks running.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Do you need Windows 10 Pro for X-Plane or will Win 10 Home suffice? 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

35 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Interesting review here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3187171/windows/tested-windows-10s-game-mode-makes-unplayable-games-playable-sometimes.html

The bottom line seems to be that it can help if your system is already struggling or you have a lot of background tasks running.

Yep, I haven't bothered with it, because I run a pretty clean system. I do have Plan-G and a Chrome browser running in the background when flying, but that's about it. With 32 GB of RAM I've got overhead to spare for background apps that aren't tying up the CPU or GPU.

I know where my main bottleneck is right now, and it's the GPU. I need a better video card, eventually. Game Mode won't help with that.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Wow, did not even know I had it. The win version # apparently is the key. So I do have it, but how do you know it's engaged?

Bob

2 hours ago, N1G said:

I had read about this feature early on and there were a number of xp11 user discussions. Most had stated it crashed or did not do a thing for them. Some thought the problems were the nvidia drivers, others said it might be an addon causing xp to crash. Anyway I never really paid much attention after that.

Just curious Mitch, did you have any issues, or were there any pre-adjustments that you may have had to make? 

Bob

None, whatsoever, Bob. I just updated to the lastest W10 CU, updated to the lastest nVidia driver suite.   Rebooted, loaded up a flight...set the Game Mode as 'aware' of XP11...and let 'er rip. 3 to 4 FPS, on average better, right off the bat. No CTD's...nothing but great performance with lots of trips to the mid 50's for FPS along the flight....mean average of 37-40.  Nothing to complain about.  XP11 as it is now...is fabulous.
I believe that a lot of people don't even have the game mode properly configured or set. You have to tag your flight sim, or whatever else you want it to address and make Game Mode aware of it. It will then remember, and when you run that program or flight sim...it will automatically kick in...and cull unnecessary background proc's for the duration. A great feature...and one that brought me over to Creator's Update.

20 minutes ago, N1G said:

Wow, did not even know I had it. The win version # apparently is the key. So I do have it, but how do you know it's engaged?

Bob

To bring up the console, you press Windows-G...and then it will ask you if you want to run Game Mode WITH the program (game) you are running. If you tag yes...it will add that game/flight sim to its config..and you don't have to do a think more about it.  Set 'n Forget.

Game Mode and the nVidia 384.94  driver suite, is just deadly!!!!

38 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Do you need Windows 10 Pro for X-Plane or will Win 10 Home suffice? 

I think it comes with the Creator's Update, regardless of Pro or Home it is updating. I could be wrong...for I do run Pro.

Thanks, I was able to choose xp in game mode. Will see if my eyes bulge out when I fly around the KSEA area (-:

Bob