Sign in to follow this  
bobanderson

Thunderbolt 'mania' (P-47M-1-RE) patching blues ;(

Guest Gnoopey

folks, fellas, shipmates and dear friends,it's even 'worse' Geee, I'm so sorry, I really blew it this time - first 'minor' error in v2 distribution, then first patch (OK). Then decided to re-package and re-uploaded and made it worse.Rigid process of re-packaging to a v2.2 distribution now passed ! I'm in the process of re-uploading to all distribution sites."Patchin' blues":The v2 distribution contained a wrong file 'model.cfg' for the MODERN cockpit version only. That was addressed and fixed with the patch file 'P47M_P89.zip'.Then I repackaged a v2.1, thought everything was now fixed and haven't seen, that I'd included now 'interchanged' model.cfg files.The file, that should have been in directory 'model', pointing to 'P-47M-1.mdl' was residing in the 'model.60-ies' directory. And vice versa.This now prevented both 3D models from the v2.1 base package to show in the aircraft chooser in flightsim and crashed FS2004 to the desktop when the simmer continued and tried to initiate the flight despite the not showing model.This is now addressed with patch file 'P47M_P88.zip' (will fix both of the faulty v2 and the v2.1 distributions and is attached to this post)! And the present distribution (v2.2) is now also finally 'fixed to death'. Again, I have to apologize for any inconvenience due to this 'hurried' mess.Sorry for the troubles - I'm really sorry - I was forced to do this in an unusual hurry through the committee of the upcoming RTW06 challenge (but this is of course all my fault ONLY!).kindest regards Tom 'Gnoopey' KohlerBTW - as soon as the upload and activation to also AVSIM has passed, I'll post new shortcuts into this thread - stay tuned on this channel.

Guest dogknot

Thanks for hanging in there, Tom. The P-47M-1 is a nicely put together aircraft with some cool effects. A fun-flyer while remaining challenging. Thanks for "toughing it out" to get it squared away for us end-users. Much appreciated!FS2004 Republic P-47M-1 Base Package v2.2p47m_910.ziphttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchHappy Flying! :-wave

Guest Roadkill

Tom, I've been puzzling over this one as I would dearly love to be flying "The Jug." I tried the original file, then with the patch, then the corrected file, but one result is always the same: I can't see the panel (in 2D OR 3D) but instead I get a sign. Also, in spot view I have overlays like some faint picture is superimposed on that view. I have read all the documents (perhaps not in the right order) and nothing seems to address these problems. This plane looks like a beauty, so what am I doing wrong...if you can tell? Bob

the aircraft is incapable of flying with a full fuel load (the size of the tanks is set too large in the aircraft cfg) which yields the error.The 2D panel I also can't get, and I had to (in the 2.1) manually edit several files to make the models appear.

Guest dogknot

IMO, The quickest and simplest fix is to start over with the newest version 2.2 available now in the library. No patches or major tweaks are necessary.FS2004 Republic P-47M-1 Base Package v2.2p47m_910.ziphttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchThere are so many configuration possibilities with this aircraft, it is easy to miss the explained possibilities in the readme's and the docs.In FS9's "Aircraft/Fuel and Payload" section, one can adjust fuel weights and/or payload weights, each which add or subtract 3D visuals from the aircraft (including making the pilot disappear).If the P-47 is overweight in fuel (MTOW Exceeded), the end user will get the "bubble" around the aircraft in spot view as well as a warning sign in the cockpit. Screenshots in the docs folder show this, while subsequent screen shots depict settings that will correct this. 0 fuel in the belly tank causes the tank to disappear.There is a 2D_panel-activation-README.txt in the aircraft folder that explains activating the 2D panel if desired.A scroll through the aircraft.cfg has explanations to "what does what" and other config possibilities.If you would like everything activated for kicks and giggles, adjust all fuel levels to say "45" which will activate all the tanks and in the payload section activate everything with the suggested/listed weights (you can leave the pilot at 200 if you wish.) The payload section will activate the wing/belly tanks and attach points, pilot etc. The "change-log.txt" in the P-47's folder will further address this.With all tanks on board: when fuel runs out of the belly tank it disappears and the other tanks can be jettisoned at any time with the drop fuel tanks selector located to the lower-left in the 3D cockpit.In addition, there are multiple setup configs for WEP as well as setups for early and later versions of the '47. Most can be discerned in the aircraft.cfg It may sound like more trouble than it's worth, but once a few options are tried, it is very quick and easy to get exactly the configuration you would like for this classic warbird.

Guest dogknot

Just a couple more cool mentionable features:1. Throttle controlled exhaust gas burnoff and exhaust smoke trails.2. Pilot dons O2 mask at 10,000 feet and removes it on descent.3. When parked and shutdown the wing-fold command chocks and blocks the wheels and places a nice weather cover over the canopy.Happy Flying! :-wave

Guest Gnoopey

>the aircraft is incapable of flying with a full fuel load>(the size of the tanks is set too large in the aircraft cfg)>which yields the error.>>The 2D panel I also can't get, and I had to (in the 2.1)>manually edit several files to make the models appear.One more proof, that Mr. jwenting is obviously a 'FAST reader' ;Perhaps a tad bit too fast. One (3rd) last hint for you Mr. jwenting - try to read my comments about fuel load in / on:- THE sign!- the screen shots in the doc subdirectory- the comments in aircraft.cfg - {fuel} sectionOh, forgot to note - do yourself a favor and clean your glasses prior to these attempts!Then come back and present your conclusions to us, your audience!Oh yes, with cleaned glasses (see above) - 2nd last hint - perhaps you might see a file named '2D_panel.cfg' in subdirectory 'panel' - that could perhaps give an idea about what this could probably be, could it not ?!?Now the really last hint for this post - try to find the meaning of the word 'incapable' in a dictionnary / thesaurus!

Guest Gnoopey

>Tom, I've been puzzling over this one as I would dearly love>to be flying "The Jug." I tried the original file, then with>the patch, then the corrected file, but one result is always>the same: I can't see the panel (in 2D OR 3D) but instead I>get a sign. Also, in spot view I have overlays like some>faint picture is superimposed on that view. I have read all>the documents (perhaps not in the right order) and nothing>seems to address these problems. This plane looks like a>beauty, so what am I doing wrong...if you can tell? BobBob, glad you like her :)I have to admit, I don't like the 'icons for 2D panel activation'! I don't like them in 2D panels and I also don't like them in a 3D cockpit. So, I simply took the freedom of authorship and ... omitted them. The 'modern' 3D model has got five to six (5-6) - depending on your gauge configuration; depends if you have mudpond.us test gauges or not - 2D addon panels. I'm sorry, you'll have to activate / deactivate them with the default SHIFT key combinations SHIFT-{1} up to SHIFT-{6}About the 'bubble with the signs' and the sign in the 3D cockpit when aircraft is loaded for the first time.FS2004 / FS9 loads an aircraft for the first time with all configured tanks filled up to 100%.Now what does the SIGN read? Yes I know, I'm a 'nasty boy'. There's a 'load manager' in FS9 - menu 'Aircraft - Fuel and Payload ...' and then there are a few screen shots in the 'doc' subdirectory of your aircraft that might be worthwile watching ;)All 'legal' options about how your aircraft should get loaded with fuel - about which drop tanks to use together in a particular P-47 version is written into comments in aircraft.cfg - {fuel} section.In short - the M variant mustn't load all three drop tanks together! The belly drop tank is modeled in this rendition as 'Center3'. Because I wasn't able yet to model it as fully droppable.If you try to use that rendition exceeding max gross weight, all gauges in the 3D cockpit get removed and replaced by THE sign ! I had to do this to get a 'race worthyness certificate' for the upcoming Round The World Challenge, beginning next sunday. This was done in very close cooperation with one of the members of the race committee!As a matter of fact, the P-47M-1-RE was able to mount two (2) under wing drop tanks with 160 US gallons each. But 320 USG exceeds the maximum allowed fuel in external tanks for this years RTW06! That's why this rendition - in it's default configuration - has only two (2) under wing drop tanks with 150 USG each for a total of 300 USG or 1,800 lbs. of fuel in external tanks.So to use this rendition in a 'RTW legal' configuration, you can either mount:- one (1) belly drop tank with 110 USG ... OR !- two (2) under wing drop tanks with 150 USG in each!That's it - pretty straightforward - but nothing for the 'faint hearted' ;)kindest regards

Guest Gnoopey

>Thanks for hanging in there, Tom.>> The P-47M-1 is a nicely put together aircraft with some cool>effects. A fun-flyer while remaining challenging.>> Thanks for "toughing it out" to get it squared away for us>end-users. Much appreciated!>>snipped ...Thank you very much Brent,Phew - at least two 'friendlies' in here in this 'hostile AVSIM jungle' ;)Think you got 'em all in your very nice and kind 'wrap-up' :)Thank You Sir!with kindest regards from Switzerland

Guest Roadkill

Tom, Thank you for all your work in helping me out! I really want this plane! Bob

Hi Tom,Two issues I have found for the latest release.1. The effect for fx_Twin_Tiremark.fx appears to be mispelled in the aircraft.cfg as fx_Twin_Tiremaks.fx.2. I seem to be missing jwb_dtank.gau.This is an awesome plane, thanks,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Roadkill

Tom, I'm afraid I'm letting you down here, and I feel a but of a dunce, but I cannot find anything that looks like those screens in the documents for the adjustment of the full and payload settings. They look like the same types of screens as they have for adjustments in FS9 itself or in some of the load managers for FSD products, but I can't seem to locate them. Maybe it was never meant to be.

Guest dogknot

>Tom, I'm afraid I'm letting you down here, and I feel a but>of a dunce, but I cannot find anything that looks like those>screens in the documents for the adjustment of the full and>payload settings. They look like the same types of screens as>they have for adjustments in FS9 itself or in some of the load>managers for FSD products, but I can't seem to locate them. >Maybe it was never meant to be.Bob, Apologies in advance for stepping on this post for Tom.The adjustments to fuel and payload are done via the default FS9 Fuel and Payload sections.Two ways to get there:1. Start FS9, then right after the opening screen, select "Create a Flight", Select the P-47 in the "Selected Aircraft" box, then click on the "Fuel and Payload" button located just above the aircraft viewer window. Use "Change Fuel" and "Change Payload" buttons to adjust the weights.2. With FS9 running in Windowed mode, select "Aircraft" then "Fuel and Payload". Adjust as in #1.

Guest Roadkill

Thanks to Tom for suffering idiots graciously and to Brent for steering me to the settings windows. I have never used those screens before, probably never knew that they really made a difference, and sort of forgot they were even there. Things are fine now and the "Jug" is truly a beautiful plane.