Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Real video or flight simulator?

Incredible! In terms of visuals, the first part (the view from outside the canopy) is the closest thing to a real aviation video I've ever seen. Not even GTA V looks so real. How did they do that?

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Now imagine it in VR..............

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

They just have the best sim engine. ;) The lighting is superb. No need for PTA or any other tool. No need to fool around with HDR settings. No need for tweaks either. Install and fly. You gotta love that.

BTW For those who don't know: that ugly display at the top can be turned off. ;)

The mind is quick to suspend disbelief... even (or perhaps more) as HiFlyer suggests in the low-res VR world. I too love AFS2 for its look.

But as one who has tried inserting sim footage into RW clips... not even close.
Not by a country mile. It's like a slap in the face when the sim footage appears.

Ah well back to the sim. I agree, in there it is as Real as it Gets :)

Looks overall very promising. In my complex brain, the same who keeps commanding me to uninstall many things of many sorts... and then installing them again... and since I am really decided to be very demanding, even more than before, of quality - effective - and not only potential, which XP has, just as AEFS2,  AEFS2 is probably MY best option for the future in civil flight simulation.

They will bring ATC before the final release, and their honesty regarding the development of a rotary wing model is a good example of how things work at IPACS / AEFS 2 - nothing in the dark, nothing being hipped / hidden - what you see is what you get, and what they put out is GOOD!

This being said, I miss basic features like those of having the chance to set your aircraft GW, fuel and fuel consumption, all affecting your CoG, etc... In the A320, now even better modelled, we have a fixed 60 t GW, and the V-speeds are adjusted accordingly but always fixed for that scenario... We can fly from the USA to Europe without dropping a "ounce of fuel"...

Unfortunately Visuals aren't not all, specially when it comes to attracting simmers more concerned with close to reality operations. I believe that when IPACS finally implements such features in an aircraft, more people will become even more interested in the sim! But I believe I read somewhere that the implementation of such functionalities would be easy based on their Framework.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't think you're ever gonna be satisfied with a flight sim. :biggrin: We never had such a variety of choice as today, but all of them are very good in some areas and very lacking in others (e.g. weather in afs2, but also many other things as you said). If you wait for the perfect flight sim, it will be a very long wait.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]