Sign in to follow this  
rooitou

FSX menu corruption

I also bit the bullet and bought ChasePlane today. First off I really don't like the always connected interface and secondly the fact that two programs start when I fire up FSX (VFX Central and ChasePlane), like a tethered entourage. Why not just have one program running that actually does the work!? Thirdly and probably related to point number two, I ticked the option to launch VFX Central with FSX, assuming that I need to do that in order to have ChasePlane launch? But it completely covers the start-up menu of FSX, so that I  cannot see what aircraft or airfield to choose etc. I cannot move it out of the way and any attempt to click in that area just makes parts of the FSX menu appear while the rest remain hidden, like a patchwork of VFX Central and FSX menu. Is there a way to avoid or overcome this? (Wish I knew how to paste a screenshot here, but I can't figure out how to do it) .

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Turn off the launch with fsx option for VFX Central.  The only program that needs to run with FSX is ChasePlane.

VFX Central is used for installing or reinstalling packages from FSFX. 

Ernie

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks Ernie, that worked perfectly, much appreciated!

I've since played around a bit more with ChasePlane and realised that most of the comments in my first post were due to "newbie anxiety". For example the always connected definitely has its advantages. I could browse the community profiles and besides finding a ton of views for the C172 for example, I could preview exactly where that view would be in my plane and select/add it for one of my views, all in a matter of seconds. You have solved issue number two for me and that automatically resolved issue number three, ie no more corruption of FSX menus.

While I've barely scratched the surface of what ChasePlane can do, I already find it easier and more intuitive than EZDock. I tried EZDock a few times but every time uninstalled it after a short while, so I never really got used to it, probably making this transition to ChasePlane a lot easier.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit