Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Couatl and FSX-SE

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Another tip for you guys that may have only jetways showing sometimes. This has been repeated many times, but I'll say it again in case you missed it.

Do not ever disable/uncheck these airports using the default FSX scenery library or other scenery configuration tools then try to start a flight, otherwise you'll only get jetways. You'd have to restart FSX again to get the whole scenery. 

That could certainly explain some of the problems I have been experiencing  with Coatl dependent airports, as I use SimStarterNG!

Bill

On 8/29/2017 at 7:42 AM, Jim Young said:

If you are loading the airport that requires to be updated, it will tell you after you have loaded the product.  GSX is updated frequently and that covers all FSDT/FB airports installed so it will run the updater whenever GSX is updated.  If it is not doing that, then perhaps you did not install the airports with Admin privileges and Windows will not allow access.  When I right click the FSDT/KLAS and select Properties and then Security, I click on User permissions to make sure I have full control.  In my case it is checked as I installed the product properly.  I usually have the Standalone Manager in my Downloads folder so, if I have a problem I will simply rerun the Standalone Manager program in that folder.  But you have to understand the Standalone Manager is updated frequently too.

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late response, I´ve been away from my Computer for a few days now. 

Thanks for the info, I do have my programs installed correctly, and judging by the times I´ve ran the Updater I`ve seen that it covers every FSDT/FB Product. Now, the fact that you mention that whenever I load an airport it´ll tell me that needs to be updated, thats good to know. 

The same applies for GSX? Whenever I load it and need to be updated, will it let me know?

Thanks 

Best Regards,

Rafa 

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Hi Rafa,

It should but today I had a situation where I was flying into FSDT KJFK and Couatl stopped by approach and said I need to download the latest Standalone Manager and update the scenery.  Never had that happen to me before.  I cancelled out and continued the flight into JFK but there were no buildings.  The only option I had was to shutdown FSX, go to the site and download the latest Standalone Manager and run the Installer.  So, you and everyone else is right.  Couatl will shutdown if the airport is not up to date.  You can only hope and pray that the issue occurs at the location where you are taking off.  If it doesn't update then, it should be okay.  I took off from a non-FSDT airport. 

There is absolutely no reason for Couatl to update an airport during a flight session.  It should be programmed to update only when you are at a FSDT airport or after landing at the FSDT airport.  If it shutsdown your airport before you complete the flight, then that is a problem that needs to be fixed by FSDT and Couatl.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Lets pray that doesn´t happen.

Awesome info, thanks for the heads-up I´ll keep that in mind, I´ll give it a try later today to see if I do have the latest version of all FSDT/FB Airports.

Thanks Jim,

Best Regards,

Rafa

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

8 minutes ago, astroavion said:

Never heard of MAIW?

What does MAIW have to do with this, assuming your talking about Military AI Works?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 11/4/2017 at 3:02 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

What does MAIW have to do with this, assuming your talking about Military AI Works?

No idea, as I see my post was deleted, and i don't remember it's content. I may have accidentally posted on the wrong page. Apologies.