Sign in to follow this  
BobP

737 Expansion, updated 800/900 and the Queen frame rate

I purchased the expansion this afternoon and before installing I downloaded the new installers for the 800/900 and Queen V3. Ran those then installed the expansion. Now all 3 have frame rates of 13 to 15 from normally in the 40s and 50s before the update.  Uninstall all the PMDG planes and do it all over again? Or reinstall from the previous installers? Thanks.

Bob

I uninstalled all 3 planes and re-downloaded the 800/900, that seems to work fine again. I'll do the Queen next then wait to see if anyone else has problems after the 600/700 install.

Bob

Edited title to change it to something less hyperbolic and misleading.

Kyle Rodgers

I've found that with Windows 10, after a big change in storage content (uninstalling/reinstalling) Windows will hog up resources rebuilding the search indexes. Also, sometimes this triggers the dreaded compatibility scan.

Both of these will cause things to crawl.

Not saying this is your issue, but just a FYI. Check your task manager and resource manager to see if your CPU and/or Disk activity is pegged at 100% (before starting P3D or FSX). If it is, just wait a few minutes.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

11 hours ago, BobP said:

I purchased the expansion this afternoon and before installing I downloaded the new installers for the 800/900 and Queen V3. Ran those then installed the expansion. Now all 3 have frame rates of 13 to 15 from normally in the 40s and 50s before the update.  Uninstall all the PMDG planes and do it all over again? Or reinstall from the previous installers? Thanks.

Bob

Did you uninstall then reinstall with the new installers or did you try installing over the top?

When I attempted to uninstall the 800/900 via the control panel it went into the install routine and ask for disk 1. I manually removed the 800/900 folders then reinstalled, that's when frame rates tanked. I cleaned everything out again, reinstalled everything again and it's working fine. 

Kyle - Frame rates of 10 - 12 are unflyable and it's not misleading but it's your forum.  As you know I can't edit the thread subject, just delete this thread.

Bob

1 minute ago, BobP said:

When I attempted to uninstall the 800/900 via the control panel it went into the install routine and ask for disk 1. I manually removed the 800/900 folders then reinstalled, that's when frame rates tanked. I cleaned everything out again, reinstalled everything again and it's working fine. 

That's not normal, I'm guessing something in your last installed had messed up and a reinstall fixed it up.

1 minute ago, BobP said:

Frame rates of 10 - 12 are unflyable and it's not misleading but it's your forum.  As you know I can't edit the thread subject, just delete this thread.

Bob

Other's might find this useful in the future so I'm sure deleting it isn't necessary

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BobP said:

Kyle - Frame rates of 10 - 12 are unflyable and it's not misleading but it's your forum.  As you know I can't edit the thread subject, just delete this thread.

'Unflyable' - a term that literally means "cannot be flown." This pushes the idea that we've done something to cause the aircraft to essentially crash the sim, or otherwise not operate properly.

Your situation - low framerates - is not a situation in which you find the product to be unflyable; rather, it's a situation where the aircraft is functioning, but not at the level you desire. Huge difference. This latter situation is something you can control via your hardware and settings. The former is not at all in your control. Conversely, the latter situation is less something we can control outright, and the former would be something that's entirely ours to fix.

I don't see the need to delete a thread. I do see a need to have a thread title that accurately describes the issue so that you may receive help.

Kyle Rodgers