Sign in to follow this  
Guest petejohno

""Bright" textures around aircraft...??"

Originally posted by Flic1...I am having this problem, too.....no replies to the original post...anybody help?"Over the past couple days I've noticed that the ground textures around the aircraft I'm in have been brighter within about a half mile radius around me (both night & day). Ar first I thought it was just the snow textures but I was flying in FL this evening and noticed the same effect. The tiles will keep up with you as you fly and it becomes less of a problem the higher you get since it is harder to see. Have not made any changes in the cfg file but I did update my video driver to the Nvidia 81.98. I don't recall having the problem for several flights after updating the driver though. Just seeing if anyone might have any ideas about what may be causing this! Thanks.Dell 4600 2.66ghz1gb DDR RAMGeForce FX5900xt-128mbWindows XP Home"

Guest Flic1

I actually figured it out Newf. It was being caused by a new grass texture in the file library. Do you have that installed? I believe the filename is texture_relief.zip. It didn't even occur to me that I had installed this texture set and it would effect the snow textures but it that was the cause. As soon as I removed it everything was fine.

I have actually been playing around with different grass textures...replaced my DETAIL1 with the original...no luck, I'm still getting the bright squares following the aircraft...thanks anyway...any other ideas?

Guest petejohno

Same here - I notice them mainly when taking off and only seems to appear in the dreamfleet baron xp. I am using ATI 9700pro so it doesn't seem to be a video card problem