Sign in to follow this  
mgf1

Returning to sim world

Dear all,

My name is Maurice, a 28 year old from The Netherlands. Flight simulation has been my passion since FS2000. At that time I was just playing around with the concorde and was pushing that aircraft to the very limit. A lot of fun for a 12 year old back then :) When FS2002 came out I started flying seriously with the in-sim planes. With FS2004 I got seriously addicted with addons such as PMDG 737, LevelD 767 and way later with the iFly 737. I also started flying online at that time. FS2004 was my end station as my computer did not ran FSX at all. So my flight sim carreer went out like a candle. Now it is time for a new start, with a new system and in the years passed I have seen P3D, Xplane coming up. I hope to be in the air again very soon, and be part of this wonderful community.

Happy flights

Welcome. You have picked the best time to return with 64 bit options available, a great time to be flight simming .

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

I'm not sure why you stopped running FS2004 just because your computer couldn't run FSX. There's really nothing that says you HAVE to update to the latest simulator, so you shouldn't let that stop you from doing what it is you enjoy doing. For what it's worth, I started running FSX in 2007, and in 2009, actually got FS2004 because the performance of FSX on my computer wasn't that great. I've been running FS2004 since then up until last February, when the release of the PMDG Boeing 747-400 prompted me to switch to FSX. So far, I've only been running FSX as the only plane I've been flying was the Boeing 747-400, but if I wanted to fly something else, I'd go back to FS2004.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Very true indeed! Actually after Windows stopped supporting XP I had to switch to W7 but after that I got a lot of problems running FS2004. Recently in march my GPU died, this computer is 9 years old. Who knows what is next, CPU, MOBO. I think it the time has come to switch to a new computer!