Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Remote Overhead: New Features

Dear Pilots,

with the latest release (3.2.2.0 - July 29th), I'm happy to announce the following two new features for the Remote Overhead Client:

• Touch input: you can choose if you prefer touch or mouse input. In touch miode, all controls can be operated in a convenient way without needing to left/right click switches and knobs
  • Night lighting: You can switch between day/night mode and you can control the brightness as you would do inside flight sim.

a7OXB.jpg

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Wow! Looks fantastic! Please oh please make a 777 one :)

• Upvote 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Mark, fantastic job. The overhead panel is a very nice extension. If it runs on a tablet, just like the CDU, it would be even greater (although you need a rather large size tablet). On a system with a little lack of CPU power running this together with PMDG consumes just too much power (about 3-5 FPS loss), but on a networked system this is no problem; simserver alone does not contribute much here.

I find a few problems with the overhead panel:

- the cabin pressurization panel displays for FLT ALT and LAND ALT are poorly visible. In fact, to ajustt the settings you have to verify on the plane's panel.

- the display on the elctrical panel is poorly visible

- circuit braker and panel lighting dials are rotating, but immediately return to the center position. The settings does not align with the knobs in the cockpit.

- this also occures on the knobs for CONT CAB, FWD CAB and AFT CAB.

Maybe I have forgotten something, but please look into the issues. That would improve the product even more.

Thanks,

Jelle

Hi Jelle,

thanks for your positive feedback :-)

regarding these 2 points:

- the cabin pressurization panel displays for FLT ALT and LAND ALT are poorly visible. In fact, to ajustt the settings you have to verify on the plane's panel.

- the display on the elctrical panel is poorly visible

This might be caused by a low resolution of your display. Can you please post a screenshot here?

And regarding these 2 items:

- circuit braker and panel lighting dials are rotating, but immediately return to the center position. The settings does not align with the knobs in the cockpit.

- this also occures on the knobs for CONT CAB, FWD CAB and AFT CAB.

The SDK doesn't provide information where the knobs are positioned to. As such, i modified the behavior to be a rotary encoder with a spring, similar to the EFIS control panel on the 747 (for minimums / QNH).

If you press the knob, it will jump to +90 /-90 degrees and each click will move the knob inside Flightsim by a single increment. And you can double click the knob to move it to min/max extents.

Should the SDK be fixed (ie this information is added), I can fix the behavior.

Nevertheless, I believe the impact on realism is quite low.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark,

You are right, the displays depend very much on the size of the window. Full screen (1920x1200) the electical panel display is OK, the Cabin Pressurization Panel display is still poor. If I resize the window height to about 80% this panel is much better. However, the electrical panel display is a bit less crispy, but still acceptable. Horizontal size doesn't affect the display quality. This solution will do.

The behaviour of the circuit breaker knob is like you describe and this functionality is ok. CONT CAB, FWD CAB and AFT CAB.

Only the panel knob does do nothing, in both directions. So if I set it in the VC and L-click on the overhead panel it doen't respond.

Regards,

Jelle

P.S. I send you the screen hots by PMl, did not succed in inclusing it here.

Hi Mark,

Great job on these products.

Quick question, any plans for an overhead module for other a/c (e.g. 777/747) or a MCP/EFIS control panel module?

Rgds

Tiago

Would love to see a 777 and 747 version of this!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU