Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Where to "fly" tonight.

Guest allblack

Well, work's over for the week in two hours, at home in two and a half. Quick moment of love and bonding with the kids, a casual wave to Management, passionate moment with the fridge whilst getting a beer and on to FS!Where to go? Any suggestions?Parameters:LD767Arrival/Departure must have SIDS/STARSFlight time not in excess of 90 minutes door-to-doorInteresting sceneryAt a busy time for Ultimate Traffic add-onPreferable Europe or USPreferably somewhere with dodgy/interesting weather for AS6F/A's must been single and early 20'sAppreciate any ideas - finding where to fly that's new and interesting is the biggest hurdle to jumping on FS these days...CheersTimNZWN

Download Holger's mesh for the Alps, then fly from Zurich to Sion or Zurich to Samedan, then hop on over to Innsbruck. Set the time to about two hours before dusk, and there's some nice flying for ya'-John

Guest allblack

Thanks John, just had a look at it. Nice.I'm a complete #### when it comes to downloading and adding stuff in to FS9.Is the installation ####-proof? 75MB is a big file to d/l if I can't install it. And by idiot-proof, I mean will it find it's own place in the FS folder etc when I try and install it, or do I have to create new folders, save exisiting files blah blah blah.CheersTimPS: Land at Innsbruck? You gotta be kidding! Can do it if airline wants plane back in small enough pieces to ship in a container. Otherwise, it ain't pretty.Edit: Sorry, some language is offensive even though it's not caught by our filters, so I have edited it out - JC

Hi Tim,Go KDTW-KORDWe are going to have some major winds, with rain, freezing rain and snow over the next 36 hours.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

You have to create a new folder for it and add a scenery.cfg entry--but it's worth it. Holger may not have used an auto installer, but the labor in the project is worthy of investment on our side to do it ourselves :)-John

Guest allblack

Thanks John and Jim.Jim, will try that! My AS has been playing silly buggers since I downloaded the latest update recently, but haven't posted anything as yet coz wanted to give it a bit more time.Look forward to it.CheersTim

Hi Tim,Here in the Denver area we are having some snowy and limited visibilty weather right now.A flight for you might be:KDEN ROCKI4.RLG RLG198/12 RRIVER VAILE KEGE This is a route flown by the B75 by United, and will be about a 100 nm flight overall.You will need an IAP for KEGE, however if you can't find one, then:RLG-RLG198/12.0 MEA is 14,000'RLG198/12.0 - RRIVER MEA is 13,000'RRIVER-VAILE MEA is 11,800'Approach to KEGE is the LOC/DME-C, for runway 25 at KEGE- but watch for the steep descent from the MDA od 9,140'.KDEN 161453Z 01015KT 1/2SM R35L/4500VP6000FT -SN BR BKN006 BKN012 OVC025 M12/M13 A2990 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 SLP168 P0000 60000 T11171133 53040KEGE 161515Z 24010KT 10SM CLR M10/M15 A2989 RMK AO1The scenery into KEGE (and its clear over on the western side, as you can see at KEGE, where all the great secenery is).I've given you 2 METARs for 1500Z on the 16th (2/16/06).If you load the flightplan into AS6, you should get the break in the weather, hopefully over the continental divide (rockies). The return flight will give you an nice instrument approach into KDEN at Cat1 minimums, via:KEGE GYPSM3.RLG RLG.TOMSN4 KDENBruce.PS. I'm going back to Greymouth in April to see my parents, via Melbourne to see other family, and looking at my United flights I'm on every current type of Boeing aircraft (other than the B717 which they don;t have :) ). I'm going to fly the routes in the aircraft that I will be flying the legs on: KDEN-KSFO-YSSY-YMML-NZAA-NZCH-NZAA-KLAX-KDEN (some are Air New Zealand) . B.

Blimey Bruce that`s a helluva route. I guess that it is virtually the most direct. You could probably fly KSFO > NZAA if you got the right days. ANZ though, so its pot luck whether the 744 would be refitted or not. I`m going from Wellington back to the UK to see the family next week and and I only get to go on 3 types:NZWN > NZAA (B733)NZAA > WSSS (B772)WSSS > EGLL (B744)I`m looking forward to the 772, its one of ANZ`s new toys..Sorry for the thread creep. Yay, just an hour to go. I`ve been working up western NZ in the DH-104 Dove. I finished going North last night. I`m currently in Kaitaia with Stewart Island in my sights. I`m gonna switch to the Aeroworx King Air , the Dove is just a little sluggish..

Hey guys, I hope that lousy winter stuff doesn't make it here where I am on the East Coast. I am still recovering from the two feet we had here this past weekend! My snow blower bit the dust too. That was my new system money down the drain. Have a good night. Hey John, the dusk flights are the best, aren't they? My favorite time to fly also.Best regards, Jeff

Guest allblack

Bruce, Denver to Greymouth?You're a man of extremes!Thanks for your post, will read it again later. If I read it all now I wouldn't get my flight in!!Best laid plans aye - Management has decided tonight is e-mail night. Bl**dy 'eck!Bring back the caveman days ; )CheersTimNZWN

Hi Tim,"Management has decided tonight is e-mail night. Bl**dy 'eck!"You need to buy that second computer for management- and it has the side benefit that you can buy new components for your system and then hand-down your old ones to management, which generally improves that computer too. Of course, when you buy that second system, you make it a gaming one and give management your old one :)Yep- Denver to Greymouth is about as different as it can get :)Bruce.