Sign in to follow this  
NN_Avirex

No shadows anymore

Hello,

Even if I'm an old very P3D and ORBX fan, I discovered PTA recently.
Is a nice software no doubt about that.
I tweak two things in particular in P3DV4, haze quantity and color, and the intensity of any casted shadow on terrain.

But recently those shadows have totally disappeared, no more casted cloud shadows, no terrain shadows, no casted building and trees shadows.

I still have the cockpit shadows anyway.

Needless to say that all shadows are activated in the sim.
Mainly I tweaked the object diffuse sunlight ratio :0,88
and the terrain ambient sunlight ratio : 0,90
Cloud shadows depth is 1

I tried to delete the shader folder but it didn't help.

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just came to the PTA support forum to look and see if this has happened to anyone else as well. I also had cloud shadows selected in my P3Dv4 and working fine. Recently bought PTA last week and changed the Cloud shadows depth from default of 1.0 to 1.30. Entered the sim and no longer any cloud shadows.

When I had the freeware PTA in v3 it did work and made my cloud shadows darker as I wanted.

Me too I am experiencing no cloud shadows anymore.They did work with the version 2.51.

I will try with some tweaking, but my current profile Always showed shadows... Modifying the  Terrain Lighting Ambient value to a higher value does nothing on my system.

Perhaps others could test it too.

I'll look into this as nothing was changed in v2.52 apart from the new authentication method. 

Update :

I was able to solve the issue by loading a totally different Preset first and then go back to mine. Just changing the clouds shadow depth in the same Preset over and over again did nothing. Now everyhting is working again.... :cool:

( before loading a (modified) preset I first reverted back to the default shaders )

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GSalden said:

Update :

I was able to solve the issue by loading a totally different Preset first and then go back to mine. Just changing the clouds shadow depth in the same Preset over and over again did nothing. Now everyhting is working again.... :cool:

( before loading a (modified) preset I first reverted back to the default shaders )

Thank you Gerard! I had PTA restore the oringal P3D shaders.  Then I applied my modified shader again and went back into P3D and my cloud shadows were back. 

5 hours ago, rsgunner said:

Has this issue been addressed other than load and unload presets.

Russ

Not yet - it will be in the next update. We'll notify everyone when it's released.