Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Trouble with Flight Sim Labs A-320

When I go to install the A-320 the second pop-up which says Simulator Platform Selector shows two choices Legacy or FSX both boxes are gray and cannot be clicked on. Support has told me that my registry is corrupt that I have two choices. Use the free registry tool fixer or uninstall Steam. I tried the tool with no luck. Uninstalling Steam would mean reinstalling all of my add-ons. I have most of the Orbx, most of the PMDG, a lot of A2A Aircraft and other payware. I have recently installed the PMDG and other payware with no problems. Why is this problem with just the A-320? I do have to go through Esellerate which I'm not thrilled with. If anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions.

I'm assuming you are using steam edition now, and you had FSX legacy(sp2 or Acceleration)installed prior to this. If that is the case:

Use this tool http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_installer_cleanup_utility.html to clean all traces of FSX legacy. 

FSX entry will show up like FSX, Microsoft Flight Simulator or something like that, or there will be just a version number. FSX Steam latest version should be 62615, so don't delete this. SP2 will show up like 10.0.61472, Acceleration pack 10.0.61637, so you need to delete one of them

I ran the cleaner that you recommended. I clicked repair and it told me I had issues and if I wanted to clean the issues that I must pay. I have no idea if anything was repaired.

The Reimage Repair will cost money to buy. I will gladly buy it if I knew it would work. That would be much better than un-installing STEAM and all my Payware.

Think you downloaded the wrong program.  The link provided by Zeljko was freeware.  Hopefully you did not hit one of those big download buttons.  When you click on the link provided above, it will automatically have a popup asking you if you want to download the product.  You click yes and it will go into your downloads folder. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Lodestar, I opened the Windows Cleaner and the only thing listed pertaining to FSX was; Microsoft Flight Simulator Sim Connect Client v10.0.61259.0 ( I didn't touch it ).

The only SP2 listed under FSX was; MSXML4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK [ 4.209818.0 ] ( I didn't touch it ).

There was another SP2 under PREPARED v.4 ( I didn't touch it ).

Please advise since I don't want to uninstall FSX SE having to un-install a ton of add-ons unless absolutely necessary.

Should I un-install STEAM or is there a way around it? I've installed PMDG, A2A, and others without a problem. I paid $106. for the A320 and I can't install it without a major overhaul?

On 8/9/2017 at 6:27 AM, jetsmell said:

Lodestar, I opened the Windows Cleaner and the only thing listed pertaining to FSX was; Microsoft Flight Simulator Sim Connect Client v10.0.61259.0 ( I didn't touch it ).

The only SP2 listed under FSX was; MSXML4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK [ 4.209818.0 ] ( I didn't touch it ).

There was another SP2 under PREPARED v.4 ( I didn't touch it ).

Please advise since I don't want to uninstall FSX SE having to un-install a ton of add-ons unless absolutely necessary.

Delete them all as they are legacy FSX.  SP2 under P3DV4 is not legacy since it is in the P3Dv4 folder.  Anything that has a FSX directory like, C:/FSX, D:/FSX, E:/FSX, C:/Program Files (x86)/Flight Simulator X, etc.

If you deleted too much accidently, just reinstall FSX-SE.  The installer will see you have FSX-SE installed already and will ask you if you want to repair instead.  Select "Repair".  Never uninstall FSX-SE or P3Dv4.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Never uninstall FSX-SE or P3Dv4.

Jim, what do you mean by this? The correct way to remove FSX-SE is to "repair" it?

James

I do not own FSX-SE but most installers, FSX and P3D and X-Plane, when you double-click on the installer it will see your application is already installed and will give you the option to Repair or Uninstall the application.  Click on Repair and it will reinstall the app.  The only modification would be the fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg as those would be returned to the default.  That's what I meant.

Submit News to AVSIM