Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Vertical waves? Water spouts?

I have recently noticed that the waves coming ashore are vertical - like water spouts - not nice horizontal waves.

WehWmWS.png
iwJA4ZG.png

These are of Orbx's Nainaimo water aerodrome but I have the same results on any body of water.

Any ideas as to what would cause this and more importantly how to fix this effect?  Is this caused by PTA?

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Re install orbx libs thru fTX central and it will be corrected.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

More info:

Just go to ORBX\User Documents\Versions and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT.

Then run FTX Central, the libraries will show as not installed. Click on install product and the correct files will be replaced.

Source: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/138956-wave-effect-after-sa-land-class/

• Like 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thanks Flavio that was exactly the issue.  

Thanks again!
Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I get same but can not get rid of the vertical water spouts despite reinstalled Orbx libraries. Any one know which particular files then I can try to delete them manually to see the difference?

40 minutes ago, casv said:

I get same but can not get rid of the vertical water spouts despite reinstalled Orbx libraries. Any one know which particular files then I can try to delete them manually to see the difference?

You can delete / move the ORBX_wavecontroller.fx and wavecontroller.fx from the Effects folder, which removes the waves completely.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB