Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Engine/Airframe time per repaint?

Is the DC6 in FSX and prepared counting the operating time per repaint? I flew with the fresh installed UAL repaint and it didnt show the times I flew yesterday, with the KLM repaint.... Or is there a bug regarding not saved times?

(i have seen somewhere in this forum a topic about this, but it is not clear if bug or not)

Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The hours are definitely per livery.

You find them in the <simulator folder>\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\Aircraft folder as .hours file per aircraft registration.

I'm not quite sure when the hours are saved, because some liveries I used only for some minutes or less than an hour still show 0.000 hours, but for the complete flights I've done it seemed okay but I didn't track it in detail.

Best,

David Miller

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

Thank you very much! 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

DC 6A - I flew 50+ hours in the BOAC livery. Then I flew 2 hours in the Air Atlantic/British Eagle. Returning to the BOAC I find all hours reset to zero.

However, the hours recorded for my KLM DC 6B were not affected.

Opening the PMDG Aircraft file I find 3 hours files for the same aircraft, namely a file 131594.hours, a G-AOMP.hours and a G-AOMP1.hours.

This is in FSX.

Suggestions please on how to maintain accurate records

Peter Smith

The plot thickens. I have just noticed that the Air Atlantique aircraft has the registration G-APSA on the outside but the "tag" on the pilot's panel says G-AOMP, the registration of the BOAC aircraft.

Peter Smith

Three downloads of DC 6As led to three corrupted hours files.

I have deleted and reinstalled. All now seems well, but I lost 57 hours on one airframe. Is it possible to edit the hours file to regain those hours?

Peter Smith

Okay. Deleted all three 6As.

Reinstalled BOAC. Started up the engines, cranked sim rate up to x16 and went and had a cup of tea and a couple of Bourbon biscuits. Got back and I had my 57 hours back. Backed up the .ini and .hours files. Reinstalled the Air Atlantique and the C 118, No problem, until I ran them and then the files were corrupted again.

Peter Smith