Sign in to follow this  
MatzeH84

CTD without log or crash report

Hey,

on 3 occasions now (out of 8 flights, 4 of them between 2 and 4  hours without any problem) I had a CTD. The logfile within the PMDG folder only has logged the startup, but nothing more. There is also no windows crash report. P3D just quit without any prompts or warnings.

One time it was on taxi out with the AFE finished with the after start items, 2 times at or near the top of descend with the AFE just finished the descend checklist.

System is P3DV4.

Since P3D until now only had CTD's with the DC-6, I think it must be related to it- however, as nothing has been logged, I can't provide any further informations..

Did anyone else have this? As all other CTD's seem to have log entries.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

6 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Hey,

on 3 occasions now (out of 8 flights, 4 of them between 2 and 4  hours without any problem) I had a CTD. The logfile within the PMDG folder only has logged the startup, but nothing more. There is also no windows crash report. P3D just quit without any prompts or warnings.

One time it was on taxi out with the AFE finished with the after start items, 2 times at or near the top of descend with the AFE just finished the descend checklist.

System is P3DV4.

Since P3D until now only had CTD's with the DC-6, I think it must be related to it- however, as nothing has been logged, I can't provide any further informations..

Did anyone else have this? As all other CTD's seem to have log entries.

Yes, I had it many times. It must be related to GSX. I think it happens after using GSX pushback. If you don't use GSX, you won't get a CTD. Something's causing the two to interfere. Not all the time, but many times.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

On one occasion I got a crash report and it was pointing to menus.dll or something like that.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Pushback a DC-6??? That's probably so rarely done as to be in the category of very unlikely.  Even during the heyday, all major airports had parking that allowed taxi into and taxi away from the parking and pax walked to the airplane.  I do use GSX for a parking marshaller but that is about it.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

Pushback a DC-6??? That's probably so rarely done as to be in the category of very unlikely.  Even during the heyday, all major airports had parking that allowed taxi into and taxi away from the parking and pax walked to the airplane.  I do use GSX for a parking marshaller but that is about it.

That is one thing how realistic it is to push back a DC-6 but we are not talking about realism here - but CTDs. Realistic or not, a CTD is still too much of a punishment for it. 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

1 minute ago, kityatyi said:

That is one thing how realistic it is to push back a DC-6 but we are not talking about realism here - but CTDs. Realistic or not, a CTD is still too much of a punishment for it. 

Oh I agree, they shouldn't happen.  PMDG has no interface or I/O with GSX... whatever GSX does is on it's own.

Dan Downs KCRP

By the way, now that we are talking about pusback. There is a towbar and tug animation available via the Ramp Manager. Does it do anything apart from being a visual treat? I mean can I tow the airplane like you can tow the newer A2A birds? Because I noticed that upon engine start it disappears so it's most probably not meant to be a proper pushback tug.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

8 minutes ago, downscc said:

Oh I agree, they shouldn't happen.  PMDG has no interface or I/O with GSX... whatever GSX does is on it's own.

Absolutely. Although I need to add that it's not even sure that GSX has the issue, I am only assuming based on my own experience. I only had these CTDs right after pushback, always 30 seconds - 1 minute after I commence taxi. Never had a CTD upon landing like others described above.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

6 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

I noticed that upon engine start it disappears so it's most probably not meant to be a proper pushback tug.

Yeah, just eye candy.  I also complained about the ground power cart... looks like a small battery box, but it's what we ended up with.  I'm only very slightly interested in eye candy stuff, it is nice but not necessary to enjoy flying the airplane.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

"Looks like a small battery box" LOOOOOL. Indeed it does, haha!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I do not have Chaseplane, I have been using EZDOK v2.5 so it's not Chaseplane that causes the problem.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Not using chaseplane, but GSX. Should not play a role at TOD,  though..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

This is the second time I had a CTD problem with the pmdg DC-6. I sent a service request to pmdg with my fsx.fig and the fsx\pmdg\pmdg dc-6\pmdg dc-6.log 

I have NO problems with pmdg 777,747 and 737 aircraft running high settings in fsx with GSX and ActiveSky weather for a 12 hour flight across the Pacific ocean with the water setting turned to MAX...Then, along comes the pmdg DC-6 and nothing but problems...I turned all my fsx settings down to the lowest levels and after 2 hours of flying, I get a freeze on the screen or it goes back to the opening fsx screen.. I am NOT a computer greek, so let the development  team solve the problem...

Sincerely, Bob Adams

Bob Adams