Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

Prepar3D V4 Crash to Desktop

Hello all,

I'm currently suffering with Crash to Desktop in Prepar3D V4. I'm flying the PMDG 747-400 from Munich to Newark and keep getting CTD's when I click on the desktop.

I've opened up the Event Viewier and my fault appears to relate to something called KERNELBASE.dll. Does anyone know anything about this error and how to fix it?

I've copied a snippet from the viewer below, would I be right to assume there could be something wrong with my Ultimate Traffic Live install?

Faulting application name: utl_client.exe, version: 1.0.0.18, time stamp: 0x58da51c4

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.483, time stamp: 0xc3955624
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000eb802
Faulting process ID: 0x1f08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30846a664110b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 4378e550-1fdf-431f-9e50-a9cdf8c1a6e4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Another log here:-

Application: utl_client.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SignalProcDelegate)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at utl_client.MainWindow.ProcessSimConnectWin32Events(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at utl_client.Application.Main()

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

utl_client.exe  are you running ultimate traffic live ?

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

utl_client.exe  are you running ultimate traffic live ?

Hi tooting, 

Yes I am. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan 

- Jonathan Daley

that could be your issue, im not a ctd expert though 

14ppkc-6.png

13 minutes ago, tooting said:

that could be your issue, im not a ctd expert though 

Thanks, going to keep investigating. 

Jonathan 

- Jonathan Daley

They are having MAJOR problems with UT LIVE crashing the sim. I would try your sim without UT LIVE and see if you have any crashes or CTD going on

when it is not on

Nelson

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, the problem is caused by UTL. It's strange that the problem occurs in the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll assembly where I would expect that the LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll assembly would be used, because you are running P3D and not FSX.

I suggest you report this in the Ultimate Traffic Live forum at Flight1.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

44 minutes ago, mawibo said:

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, the problem is caused by UTL. It's strange that the problem occurs in the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll assembly where I would expect that the LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll assembly would be used, because you are running P3D and not FSX.

I suggest you report this in the Ultimate Traffic Live forum at Flight1.

Maarten

48 minutes ago, nels161 said:

They are having MAJOR problems with UT LIVE crashing the sim. I would try your sim without UT LIVE and see if you have any crashes or CTD going on

when it is not on

Nelson

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah I've completely removed it from my system and it's working better now. It's quite a popular issue at the moment from what I've been reading online. I'm going to go back to Ultimate Traffic 2. 

Thanks for the assistance, 

Jonathan. 

- Jonathan Daley

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some suggestions that worked for some users to fix the kernelbase.dll error but there is no ONE fix.  If you are like me and have MyTrafficX installed and suffered many, many unexplained StackHash errors, you will find that someone found out that there are several aircraft that are not compatible with P3Dv4 and, if you remove them, the crashes will go away.  I suspect this causes the kernelbase.dll error too or some other program has scenery textures that are not compatible with 64 bit applications (i.e., the product was made for FS9).  Just realize that if you do get CTD's, it is most likely caused by an incompatible product which could be a scenery, a utility like FSUIPC or SODE or programs that load objects, or incompatible aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

In this case it's clearly a problem with Ultimate Traffic Live and in particular with the processing by Ultimate Traffic Live of the SimConnect messages and your (otherwise very helpful CTD Guide) does not help.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg