Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX Global 2.0 - Release Announcement

9 hours ago, AviatorMoser said:

Sounds correct! Yep, that easy!

fmx_africa.exe. That is the installer. You only need to run that. Nothing else after you download. With it will be 5 bin files, with a total of about 9 GB of data. If you don't have 9 GB of data, and the bin files are much smaller (like 300 KB each), then it's likely the direct downloads failed because my bandwidth quota was exhausted (again). If that happens, try the torrent. That will never exceed my bandwidth quota!

It's a normal windows batch file. Should work on Win 10 (I've tested it). Are you unzipping the downloaded zip file before you tried running the batch file? It cannot be run without being extracted.

Torrents are the best way to go.

If you have the scenery folders, then you don't need an installer :)

Just add the folders to your scenery library, and you're good to go.

Which file??

http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/fmx-installation/

If you mean "How to use the torrent file", then you need a torrent client software to download the files. You something like Tixati or Deluge software. Avoid uTorrent.

Is the installer not running? Or does it run and then give an error? If the latter, then it's likely the files did not download correctly (again likely due to my bandwidth quota being exhausted), and you can tell by the file sizes of the bin files being very small (300 KB or so). Until my quota is reset (sometime soon), I would highly recommend the torrent option.

Give me some more details, and I'll try to set you on the correct path forward.

And sorry to everyone for the delay. The past month been really something. I graduated with my PhD, said goodbye to my family, moved across the country, and started new work. I've just now finally have installed Internet at home. And until my first pay check, it's the same ole story "BROKE AS A JOKE"! :)

Yes, i did this, just copying the folders in scenery and all's fine.

And congrats for the PhD ! =)

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

Dr. Moser!! Congratulations, sir! and thanks for Freemesh X. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Congratulation to you and thanks for Freemesh.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hey, I just created this account to express a big "Thank You" to you guys from Nine Two Productions. I'm on the train since FreeMeshX came out, been seeding the BitTorrent-downloads like a good boy ever since. I guess my added ratios (since I changed my PCs over the time) must be around 20.

I donated 5€ to you guys. I know, not much, could have been more, but I'm having a hard time earning money right now. Thought it might be worth a few cups of coffee for you guys :)

Thanks again for all you did!

• Upvote 1

Flying on Windows 10 with FSX: Steam Edition :gaul:
i7-8700k @ 4.8GHz // 32GB RAM // GTX1070 @ 8GB VRAM // 512GB M.2-SSD, 1TB + 2TB 2.5" SSDs // 2x 4TB HDD
peregrine-simulations.jimdo.com

On 1/21/2018 at 1:36 PM, riG said:

Hey, I just created this account to express a big "Thank You" to you guys from Nine Two Productions. I'm on the train since FreeMeshX came out, been seeding the BitTorrent-downloads like a good boy ever since. I guess my added ratios (since I changed my PCs over the time) must be around 20.

I donated 5€ to you guys. I know, not much, could have been more, but I'm having a hard time earning money right now. Thought it might be worth a few cups of coffee for you guys :)

Thanks again for all you did!

And thank you in return. That's a tremendous help to everybody! And thank you for the donation. Every little bit helps with bandwidth costs and just by donating, you've already done more than about 99.9% of all our users!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

And thank you in return. That's a tremendous help to everybody! And thank you for the donation. Every little bit helps with bandwidth costs and just by donating, you've already done more than about 99.9% of all our users!

Dr. Moser, 

I didn't know there was a place for donations?

I can't do bit-torrent so I'll have to wait on the U. S. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 hours ago, FSVKenny said:

Hello.

I'm trying to download and install FreeMeshX Global 2.0 from this link http://www.mediafire.com/file/wf4m97ck0v15w2n/fmx_global_2.0_downloader.zip 

The file seems to download fine, but when I try to run the dl_fmx_asia batch file it crashes and this..............

fmx_global_2.0_downloader_fmx_asia.exe.p

My computer is Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you for your help,

Kenny

Yes, I'm getting reports of this occurring, it's happening when my bandwidth quota is at its limit.

To break it down, MediaFire has changed its pricing, so that additional bandwidth now costs huge amounts more than what it did in the past. And when the quota is at its limit, the batch scripts can no longer download the files correctly because my the files can no longer be directly linked from my account.

Unfortunately, this means I may be restricting downloads to Bit Torrent only -- which is a shame since MediaFire was serving me well for so long. But that ship has sailed, it seems.

Anyway, I'm sorry the downloads are broken again. Just use the Bit Torrent links, and with regret, I will be shutting down the direct downloads.

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2018 at 8:52 PM, Bluestar said:

Dr. Moser, 

I didn't know there was a place for donations?

I can't do bit-torrent so I'll have to wait on the U. S. :smile:

blaustern

@Bluestar There's a link on our main site ninetwopro.com, but don't feel obligated at all. This isn't donationware, and I don't expect to receive donations from anybody.

As for the U.S. beta, you can still download it manually, but it would be about 28 files. Honestly, Bit torrent is the best way of downloading it if you can somehow manage it. If not, just PM me and I can try to set something up.

hello,

i have downloaded freemesh x only africa torrent .installed sucefully .

but i didnt remark any difference  = 0 changes  on my desired area

so why shoud we install it ?

51 minutes ago, Sousou said:

hello,

i have downloaded freemesh x only africa torrent .installed sucefully .

but i didnt remark any difference  = 0 changes  on my desired area

so why shoud we install it ?

What is your desired area and what sim are you using?

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

on the map i see north africa included in Europ

im donwnloading europ . i will test it