Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMeshX Global 2.0 - Release Announcement

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

All explained in the opening post @dnz0427. AFAIK you layer mesh just like other scenery, so you can put two meshes with overlapping coverage and the one which is higher in the scenery library is the one you'll see in the overlap area.

I am misunderstanding something here , sorry ,  I understand the scenery lib, ,, what i don't understand is the lod and why usa was not included in the global mesh , i am guessing it is because of lod 10 not sure

thanks for your time and help

LOD = Resolution (Level of Detail)

LOD10 = 38m. LOD11 = 19m. LOD12 = 9m.

FreeMeshX Global is 38m, the same as default USA. So it does not include the USA as you would see no difference. The FreeMeshX USA is at LOD12 9m.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

21 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

LOD = Resolution (Level of Detail)

LOD10 = 38m. LOD11 = 19m. LOD12 = 9m.

FreeMeshX Global is 38m, the same as default USA. So it does not include the USA as you would see no difference. The FreeMeshX USA is at LOD12 9m.

ok , tyvm

makes sense now

There are other threads for discussing mesh by other developers such as  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548100-best-terrain-mesh-for-p3d/?page=2 and https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547654-interested-in-the-difference-3rd-party-mesh-makes-to-p3d/

Personally I don't see the point in paying for mesh unless you frequent a specific and very mountainous area very often where you can benefit from the additional LOD increase over FreeMeshX. The links you posted I can't find any LOD information nor information on the source data resolution so it is difficult to say from a few photos.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, dnz0427 said:

ok thank you

that mesh I listed is free ware now on rikoo

and I didn't find any info on the lod either

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, AviatorMoser said:

I put my thoughts down on it after personally trying it in 2016.

not crazy about it , makes to many airport elevation problems and the mountain area in WA state I notice a lot of cliffs that r striate up and down not mountainy looking ,I hope that makes sense to all of u 

sorry for the late reply ,  

Hello Everyone - I am confused about FreeMeshX. I am using FSX Steam Edition. I have only been using default scenery along with some scenery enhancements from ALeclercqCreations. Do I have to purchase Orbx products to make FreeMeshX Global 2.0 work? Is it possible to just use the default scenery from FSX Steam Edition? Thank you.

On 11/20/2020 at 11:41 AM, brntwrmn said:

Hello Everyone - I am confused about FreeMeshX. I am using FSX Steam Edition. I have only been using default scenery along with some scenery enhancements from ALeclercqCreations. Do I have to purchase Orbx products to make FreeMeshX Global 2.0 work? Is it possible to just use the default scenery from FSX Steam Edition? Thank you.

No, you do not need any products to use the mesh. I just recommend Vectors b/c that adjusts airports and water body information to better align with the mesh.

anyone know if FreeMeshx will be available for p3d v5

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

51 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

anyone know if FreeMeshx will be available for p3d v5

It will work fine as it is, mesh scenery bgl's haven't changed in the past 15-20 years aside for having higher quality mesh sampling available.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

43 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Funcionará bien tal como está, los bgl de escenarios de malla no han cambiado en los últimos 15 a 20 años, aparte de tener disponible un muestreo de malla de mayor calidad.

then to install it was said

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO