Sign in to follow this  
alexvs

FS9 heading indicator problems (again...)

Guest Hanse_1

Hi!I wonder what I do or did wrong with my FS9.I keep getting wrong heading indications at airports (and in flight).For instance, I can get 069, or 083 hdg at KLAX runway 7L,alternating.I checked all my AFCAD2's and checked my sceneries using FlightsimManager, but it still remains.Can anyone help me fix this?Thanks beforehand.....Hans HermanssonSweden

Guest allcott

Heading? Or bearing? Remember, heading of the aircraft need not have anything to do with the magentic BEARING of the runway - the aircraft can adopt a nose-askew angle to offset the effect of crosswind components Also, the gyro drift tendency may be switched on in the FS realism options. The heading instrument is often slaved to the magentic compass and as that drifts, so does the heading indicator. In the sim one uses the `D` key to restore the drift.Allcott

Hi,It's your default flight that is loaded when you start FS9. You saved it with a flightplan still active. You can delete the default flight, start FS9 (you start again at KMEA) and then go to your favorite airport, chose the aircraft of your wishes, make it cold and dark, fuel it up and then save it as your default flight (it's located in the FS9 folder in "My documents" and in the FS9.CFG is an entry "Situation="). Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands