Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Traffic 3d in v4?

The developer was very helpful in getting Traffic 3D working in P3Dv4 with MT6.  But, I wouldn't hope for a major change in MT6 for awhile as the developer has some heart problems.  But, there are some threads here about removing the old FS9 models and adding the [radios] section to get that fixed in MT6.  

I think that the simple models in MT6 are relatively frame rate friendly.  But, I use the traffic limiter in FSUIPC and am quite pleased with the level of traffic and the performance.  UT Live won't work for me without cargo and military traffic included.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

OK thanks, I missed the comments about removing older FS9 models etc. I would love to have military traffic included, but my P3D4 crashes with it enabled.

I mainly added MT6 to P3D4 because I got annoyed with the completely devoid Eglin AFB. Will removing FS9 models stop the military traffic file from crashing P3D4?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

25 minutes ago, rooitou said:

OK thanks, I missed the comments about removing older FS9 models etc. I would love to have military traffic included, but my P3D4 crashes with it enabled.

I mainly added MT6 to P3D4 because I got annoyed with the completely devoid Eglin AFB. Will removing FS9 models stop the military traffic file from crashing P3D4?

It may - some of the FS9 models were military.  But, at bases here in NE Florida, I have a lot of military aircraft and I'm not getting crashes.

Rick Abshier

The FS9 models don't necessarily crash P3d. Some of the animations (engines, gears, flaps, etc.) don't work at all and a purist might be annoyed by this flaw.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:41 AM, ricka47 said:

OK, I bought it and tried to install it in v4.  The alias files are listed in the main folder OK but the sounds that are supposed to be in the SimObjects/Misc folder aren't there.  Isn't that where they are supposed to go?

So I installed the Traffic 3D sounds (I believe 1st option) which I selected to my sims SimObjects\Misc folder.  Then I had to re-run the installer, I selected the MyTraffic 5.4C, and selected my Mytraffic installation.  This second run updated the AI sounds config file to point to the traffic 3D sounds.  So far so good!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I finally sorted it out as well (user error) and the sounds are very nice!

Rick Abshier

On 7/30/2017 at 7:31 PM, vp49p3 said:

The developer says his goal is to have a native P3dv4 installer ready at the end of August.

Fantastic news!

I have it running at the moment and love it, but was wondering if there was any way for Alan to add a volume slider option as an addon, or boost the low frequency sounds (the sounds are still too quiet and biased towards higher frequencies, particularly for the 737 files).