Sign in to follow this  
tatin

Faulty textures at destination airport

Hi,

a few days ago it started to happen this to my FSX. When I depart an airport it looks fine. But, at my destination airport (whichever it is, it happens on FLytampa, FSDT, etc.) textures are blurry and buggy. I don´t know what it can be. Any idea? 

Thanks,

Possibly related to your "Other" problem with buggy textures when you pressed the ESC button?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did you try the suggestions in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (link in my signature)?  When you depart an airport you will usually have a lot of Virtual Address Space (VAS) but, during the flight to the destination, the VAS will begin to be depleted.  On destination you could be very low on resources (VAS) and your computer will be struggling to continue to run.  Only solution is to reduce your FSX settings and display driver settings dramatically.  Any tweaks in your fsx.cfg can also bring can also cause the blurries, stuttering, and other anomalies (I know the Bufferpool tweak did for me! and I removed it immediately when I saw problems.  There are other tweaks that hurt your enjoyment of FSX and those tweaks are discussed in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.  You should try a flight one time with your settings set to the default.  I suggest a whole new config by deleting the current one and rebuilding a new one.  You will need to add the highmemfix=1 in the Graphics section but you should leave the other settings at the default.  You can slowly increase the default settings but you should never have them set high. You will also want to change your display driver settings to the default for FSX too.  Raise your LOD Radius setting to the max leave the other settings alone.  What you are doing is saving the amount of VAS left when you arrive at your destination.  Microsoft Windows only gives you 4 GB's of VAS if you have a Windows 64 bit OS.  Not very much for a flight simulator that survives with a lot of rendering of graphics during a flight.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10