Sign in to follow this  
esurfman

Sound too loud.

First let me say I am sorry if this issue has been adressed.  I check on the forum and on internet.  My problem is the ambience volume is too lound.  I have the 777 and it is just perfect.  My FSX volume is at 50 with my speakers detected (same as the one in the Sounds page in the FMC.  I tried reducing the Master and Ambiance to no avail.

Thanks for any help and again sorry if this was posted somewhere else.

Regards.

Louis Sanson

CYUL

• Upvote 1

Louis, this is the first complaint about "ambience" sound I've seen in the years I've been lurking around AVSIM.  I can't help you because i don't know what you specifically refer to as ambience sound.  Are you referring to the sound of the ground power cart, or the wind noise or what?

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

The noise while flying; I think it might the Packs.  I tried in the FMC but it did nothing.  Since nobody else seems to have this problem I will dig deeper.  Kevin thank you for your information but I went and put the same values and it did nothing.  Will report if I find something.  Maybe a complete re-install???

5 hours ago, esurfman said:

Maybe a complete re-install???

NEVER do that UNLESS they specifically tell you to since that has the tendency to introduce more issues without actually solving anything. You'll want to submit a support ticket since PMDG won't necessarily see and/or respond here.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:27 PM, esurfman said:

Thanks for any help and again sorry if this was posted somewhere else.

Most of the time, sound mix issues are all down to your hardware configuration. Check that your Windows sound settings are properly set up, and that your sim sound settings are also set up for your specific hardware.

Reinstall will not help. I can nearly guarantee that. Rarely helps anything, usually.

Kyle Rodgers

12 hours ago, esurfman said:

The noise while flying; I think it might the Packs.  I tried in the FMC but it did nothing.  Since nobody else seems to have this problem I will dig deeper.  Kevin thank you for your information but I went and put the same values and it did nothing.  Will report if I find something.  Maybe a complete re-install???

You are not alone, buddy! I have this problem also.

I don't know how much of it is down to my hardware, and how much of it is due to the software but I look at it as being realistic.

Real pilots get deafened by the ambient cockpit noise in real aircraft too which is sometimes why they wear noise cancelling headsets. On the 737NG Boeing even installed some vortex generators below the windscreens to reduce noise.

At the moment, I have the master volume turned down to 20, but i'm sure there are better ways than this so follow Kyle's instructions to the letter.

• Upvote 1

Brian Nellis

Louis, I think it's the wind volume setting, I turn this down to 10 in the FMC, makes a huge difference. I think its on page 2 of the sound settings.

Thanks guy, I will try turning down the Wind volume.  I was just wondering since everything is fine on the 777,  I will also compare both settings.  Thanks to all of you. :biggrin:

Thanks John.  I dont know if it is the engines or the sound from the packs.  Maybe will submit a ticket to PMDG.

Thanks Kyle; I tried changing the setup for the harware and although on one occasion it will work I dont hear other stuff like the click when putting on flaps.

I am also thinking that some sounds are too loud. Putting wind sound down a bit helps but not that much. Not related to hardware or windows settings, it's the way the 747 sounds are playing.

Mike

On 2017-07-31 at 7:16 PM, esurfman said:

I can tell you - first hand - from the aircraft I fly at work - in real life (in real time - my airline opted not to get the time acceleration feature - lol) that cockpits of aircraft are not as quiet as you think. The 737 is reportedly the loudest according to some buddies with Westjet. The Trippler is fairly quiet but the 744 has always been on the louder side (according to my old man - ex Canadian Airlines 744 skipper).  Some of it is air con but most of it is wind

• Upvote 1

I did adjust the sliders down to 40% in P3D settings for engines and environnement and now it's all good !  (keep voice slider to 100%)

Mike