Sign in to follow this  
TRauppius

Updating 777 Problem

Encountered installation problem with recent/latest 777 update. Previos update of 777-200/LR plus 300 expansion was 7/18/17 with version 1.10,0395 without any problems.

This time I uninstalled the 300 expansion as using the Win 7 Control Panel to uninstall without any problem. I then forgot to uninstall the 777-200 Base Package prior to using the new/updated Base installer. Upon running the new installer with the "repair" button preselected the installation appeared normal until the progress bar reached about the 90% complete point. The installation failed at that point and generated a pop-up window stating "Feature Transfer Error". The box listed "Feature: FSX Version Original Microsoft Distribution" and "Error: The parameter is incorrect."

I then unsuccessfully tried to uninstall the 777-200 Base Package using the "remove" option on the new installer and get the same failure to complete the process and an error message; also Windows outputs a WER as shpwn below:

Faulting application name: setup.exe_PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package FSX, version: 1.10.8414.0, time stamp: 0x589ea215

Faulting module name: ISSetup.dll, version: 23.0.0.428, time stamp: 0x589ea13c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000a70c

Faulting process id: 0xc38

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3085697e3a011

Faulting application path: C:\Users\TODDRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{435ED4C2-D001-4474-B1D5-86427021CE96}\setup.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\TODDRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{435ED4C2-D001-4474-B1D5-86427021CE96}\ISSetup.dll

Report Id: 4ea70ea4-744a-11e7-a244-002421b43a31

Any help will be very much appreciated, I will stand down and try and not make this mess any worse than it is.

Thanks,

Todd Rauppius

Use the windows control panel to remove the 777-200LR/F base package.  I always use the control panel, and I always remove the expansion and then the base.  The installation order is base then expansion.

When updating either please update both.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for your suggestion, but I have already tried to uninstall the base package using both the control panel and new installer. They both fail with identical WER messages. I was able to use the control panel to uninstall the 300 expansion pack though. The upgrade for the 737 and 747 worked fine, but the 777 is now messed up and I don't know how to get a clean delete and reinstall done.

Any more suggestions?

Todd Rauppius

18 hours ago, TRauppius said:

Thanks for your suggestion, but I have already tried to uninstall the base package using both the control panel and new installer. They both fail with identical WER messages. I was able to use the control panel to uninstall the 300 expansion pack though. The upgrade for the 737 and 747 worked fine, but the 777 is now messed up and I don't know how to get a clean delete and reinstall done.

Any more suggestions?

Todd Rauppius

Submit trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support.  Get a 3rd party uninstaller that does a deep removal from registry is another option.  I use IObit and there are several out there.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, I submitted a ticket to PMDG Product Support and they responded with a registry fix that leads up to a full/new installation of the new installers. This all worked fine, but now I am facing a livery install problem... the new "Livery not found in aircraft.cfg after it should have been added." message that is generated after attempting to either the download or .ptp (add) method of livery installation. I wonder if this is related to the the new OC update that occured early today?

Todd R.

7 hours ago, TRauppius said:

the new "Livery not found in aircraft.cfg after it should have been added." message that is generated after attempting to either the download or .ptp (add) method of livery installation. I wonder if this is related to the the new OC update that occured early today?

This is being reported by others too... and I cannot assume any of them submitted a ticket on the problem. When I suggest they do I got a very snarky reply.  I hope you take my suggestion as a gesture of helpfulness, it helps to have a flurry of reports on the same problem in quickly getting it resolved.

Dan Downs KCRP

10 minutes ago, downscc said:

I cannot assume any of them submitted a ticket on the problem

Hi Dan,

After I saw a bunch of people in more than one forum topic arguing back and forth about other things and seemingly no one wanting to submit a ticket, I went ahead and did so myself. I don't really use the LR, but when I checked the OC, I found I was experiencing the issue as well.

So, ticket sent. I imagine it will be addressed shortly.

Walter Meier

:ha: Folks,

PMDG has updated the OC again today. The change log indicates the OC fix was to address the livery installation that several forum members have reported. I have inctalled the OC update and can report that the livery loading problem appears to have been successfully fixed. I have loaded a bunch of 777 liveries.

Todd