Eagle99z

Why Why is my wife in this

Ok so I fly on my pc to get away from the wifes nagging

buy raas enjoying myself flying ngx and then 

''ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING''

'' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING'' '' ALTIMETER SETTING''

WHAT on earth does this cow want me to do I must be missing something but she's not giving in.

least I know what it means Really Annoying Audible Sound-System.

that said I do like it I just wanna kill the annoying cow.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

You can change the transition altitude in the options of RAAS and also disable the warning. That's what I did as I fly across the world with different transition altitudes and levels

• Upvote 1

I'm sure your more then capable of making your point without the chauvinistic attitude. While i am not a moderator i don't deem your comments suitable.

After all this is a sim aviation site not an old time boys club. 

As for advice on your situation  Romain is correct disable the warning 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

You can change the transition altitude in the options of RAAS and also disable the warning. That's what I did as I fly across the world with different transition altitudes and levels

Thanks

18 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

I'm sure your more then capable of making your point without the chauvinistic attitude. While i am not a moderator i don't deem your comments suitable.

I'll bear in mind next time, I'll put my freedom of expression hold 

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

For God's sake! The guy was being humourous. 

++++1, which is how I read it, Ron.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

The internet is a serious place, jokes are no laughing matter.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Gee.  I just wonder if your wife knows about this Forum?  Hmmmm....

I can assure you my wife is the love of my life my best friend. I was merely making some humour about an annoying problem I was having. never meant to offend anyone and or hurt peoples feelings.

Thanks for the Quick fix though much appreciated. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, stephenbgs said:

Lighten up.

• Upvote 2

Lol Eagle - does the RAAS ######in' betty really have your wife's voice? :biggrin: 

I'll remember not to fly a USAF BUFF over Vietnam lest I be mistaken for a member of the non-PC old boys club...

I'd better not buy A2A's Connie either with only Heidi and not a Henry working in the cabin... :biggrin:

EDIT - wow I never would have thought that the female dog word would have got hashed out. Times have changed. Guess I really must be one of the old time boys :blink:

Yeah, I assumed he was being humorous, mostly because he's still breathing (or his wife hadn't seen the post... lol).

While I get it, it might have been a bit funnier and less offensive to some without the reference to "cow".

With the above in mind, we do have some terrific and lovely women here on the boards, and I for one am very happy to have them here.  While I'm very against any type of political correctness, and I'm certainly not judging anyone or their intentions, maybe we all ought to at least remember they're part of our group.

Besides, the bigger flight here is against those who don't/won't search the forums before posting, right --->>>>>>kidding!!!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

You can be humorous without crossing into "Roy Chubby Brown" territory that is all i was saying. Its old hat at this stage, im glad the OP Found solution 

Chubby brown would have used far too many F-bombs.. and may well have not used the word cow either... and no I'm not a fan of that comedian.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, I assumed he was being humorous, mostly because he's still breathing (or his wife hadn't seen the post... lol).

While I get it, it might have been a bit funnier and less offensive to some without the reference to "cow".

With the above in mind, we do have some terrific and lovely women here on the boards, and I for one am very happy to have them here.  While I'm very against any type of political correctness, and I'm certainly not judging anyone or their intentions, maybe we all ought to at least remember they're part of our group.

Besides, the bigger flight here is against those who don't/won't search the forums before posting, right --->>>>>>kidding!!!

Thanks Dave 

That is a more eloquent way then what i put, but you summed it up perfectly 

• Upvote 2

just showed my wife this post she laughed knowing It was meant in fun. she said ''sounds like a few of them need to get out more, they sound like grumpy old men''

• Upvote 3

'I'm sure there are more then a few of us old time boys on Avsim. Lighten up y'all! Life be short.

As except for forums we live in a democracy, and as this forum is largely US which values free speech lets take a vote.....oh, we have lots for the OPs post and 2 against.  

Thanks OP for starting my day with a smile.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, harrry said:

As except for forums we live in a democracy, and as this forum is largely US which values free speech lets take a vote.....oh, we have lots for the OPs post and 2 against.  

Thanks OP for starting my day with a smile.

Most countries with unrestricted internet access to forums such as these tend to have a right to free speech so i hate to break it to you but free speech its not just a US value  

Remember in the RAAS menu you can also disable any calls you don't like.

But adjusting the Trans Alt/Level would be best.

Best,

It seemed one poster at least did not believe in it  so I thought they may come from a country that did not value it.