Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

FSX 737NGX Update to 1.20.8413 - Operations Centre or Installer Download?

PMDG Operations Center notified me that updates were available for both the PMDG 737-8900 and 737-600/700 Expansion installations on my PC. But, I'm a bit confused ...

I selected OK to install the update via the operations centre. "Download complete! Product is being updated. This message will clear when the update is completed ..." But, this has been taking a very long time.

A text window opens telling me that a full installer download is required, and proceeds to give me instructions on how to download the installer packages from PMDG. No problem downloading. But there are no instructions on how to install? Do I select "Modify" or "Repair"?

So, what is recommended for installation?

RM Killins

Hi,

Uninstall both the NGX 800/900 and 600/700 using the windows add/remove programs. Then install both normally using the new installers you have jsut download.

Once each is installed the OC automatically opens to check the installation.

This update is outside the OC.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hey Romain, thanks for the quick reply.

I never even considered the need to have uninstall first. Now it all makes sense. Thank you!!

I suppose that means I will have to reinstall any liveries I have, as well as back up customized panel files.

RM Killins

As far as I know, some files are kept even after the uninstall (do not delete anything manually, everything that remains in the PMDG folder has to remain), amongst them the shortcut.ini so at least you don't have to do your config again.

For the options.ini, I'm not sure. The date of mine changed after the update but I didn't see any difference in the sim. 

As for the liveries, the OC after the update process will ask you want to do with the liveries that were previously installed and propose to either repair them or delete the file. It will them take care of it accordingly.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Romain, did as suggested but in the OC I still see the version for the 600/700 greyed out and no Liveries available for the 600/700 non-WL. I Used to have them before, specially the easyJet -700 livery and the Austrian -600. Is my installation screwed up?

I am having the same problem, in the past the PMDG Operations Centre has actually updated my products but now it click the ok button after selecting 'Install Update'. It does its sequence then just has a bar loading with Sending Request and nothing happens.

The main issue is i bought the 600/700 737 last night and it wont run because i can't update the 737-800/900 addon, also that addon i bought so long ago is a BOXED addon so i am stuck :( 

If somebody could offer me any advise or has had the same issue and resolved it, id be so grateful for some help :)

2 hours ago, Mrwells4Q said:

I am having the same problem, in the past the PMDG Operations Centre has actually updated my products but now it click the ok button after selecting 'Install Update'. It does its sequence then just has a bar loading with Sending Request and nothing happens.

The main issue is i bought the 600/700 737 last night and it wont run because i can't update the 737-800/900 addon, also that addon i bought so long ago is a BOXED addon so i am stuck :( 

If somebody could offer me any advise or has had the same issue and resolved it, id be so grateful for some help :)

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

In general is not a good idea to reply to an almost a year old thread. You need to download the new installer for the 800/900 from aerosoft. Uninstall current one, install with new installer and then install 600/700

To obtain the latest update for any DVD version of the PMDG 737NGX or the download version sold by Aerosoft, please follow these steps:

Visit Aerosoft's support page here http://support.aerosoft.com
If you do not have an account there please create one and login.

Press the Add product and enter your activation ID. When the product is added to your account click the update to download the latest version.

Once the file is downloaded, please follow these instructions to install - note that this is not an update or patch install, it requires a full reinstall of the airplane:

Uninstall your old versions of the 600/700 (if you own it) and then the 800/900 from Control Panel/Programs and Features.

Make sure you have your desired FSX environment (ie FSX retail alone, FSX:SE alone, or both installed) *before* you install the new version of the PMDG 737NGX. 

Run the new installer, it will prompt you to choose FSX retail, FSX:SE or both. Changing these sim install options later will necessitate uninstalling again first, so make sure you have the configuration you want. to avoid reinstalling later. If you own the 600/700 addon through the PMDG download store, you will need to download an updated installer from your PMDG store account and install the 600/700 using that file.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

In general is not a good idea to reply to an almost a year old thread. You need to download the new installer for the 800/900 from aerosoft. Uninstall current one, install with new installer and then install 600/700

To obtain the latest update for any DVD version of the PMDG 737NGX or the download version sold by Aerosoft, please follow these steps:

Visit Aerosoft's support page here http://support.aerosoft.com
If you do not have an account there please create one and login.

Press the Add product and enter your activation ID. When the product is added to your account click the update to download the latest version.

Once the file is downloaded, please follow these instructions to install - note that this is not an update or patch install, it requires a full reinstall of the airplane:

Uninstall your old versions of the 600/700 (if you own it) and then the 800/900 from Control Panel/Programs and Features.

Make sure you have your desired FSX environment (ie FSX retail alone, FSX:SE alone, or both installed) *before* you install the new version of the PMDG 737NGX. 

Run the new installer, it will prompt you to choose FSX retail, FSX:SE or both. Changing these sim install options later will necessitate uninstalling again first, so make sure you have the configuration you want. to avoid reinstalling later. If you own the 600/700 addon through the PMDG download store, you will need to download an updated installer from your PMDG store account and install the 600/700 using that file.

First of all id like to thank you for your assistance, everything has been resolved, the only reason i posted on this thread was due to searching on google for the issue and it seemed that this was active more recently than it actually was so i apologise for that.

I didn't know about needing to do a signature before posting anything which after posting this reply i hope it is there. Once again thanks for the help :)