Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

Aircraft Payware vendors should....

I dont care how wide it is...until flat screen can match the quality of my Sony 21 inch CRT...I aint changing. No flat screen can match a top end crt that I can see.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest allcott

>I dont care how wide it is...until flat screen can match the>quality of my Sony 21 inch CRT...I aint changing. No flat>screen can match a top end crt that I can see.Exactly. Wideascreen monitors aren't exactly common. And MSFS does allow for multiple monitors. Perhaps it's a question that these most expensive pieces of hardware should be adaptable to suit the needs of the purchaser? I have a widescreen TV, but can always switch the format. And in any event, developers already do - most of the panels are demountable and can be displayed in-ratio beside one another. More a question of knowing your hardware - and FS - than a demand for the developers!:-)Allcott

>I dont care how wide it is...until flat screen can match the>quality of my Sony 21 inch CRT...I aint changing. No flat>screen can match a top end crt that I can see.That is probably true - however , the cost of strengthening my floor to be able to carry a desk strong enough to carry a 21 inch CRT would be enough for me to buy a new super computerBarry

>I think that would be difficult. What ratio should they>choose?>>Thomas>>>I like using VC's :-)Both.Provide for 4:3 or 16:09 at time of setup? If it costs them more.. they can always charge me for for it.. I'd pay.But if they could do a VC with the quality of Flight1's ATR.. then I could care less about the 2D. Wide or otherwise.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny, that isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever...It would require completely rebuilding every single gauge along with all the art work to accomodate what, less than 0.2% of an already very, very tiny market?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Manny, that isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever...>>It would require completely rebuilding every single gauge>along with all the art work to accomodate what, less than 0.2%>of an already very, very tiny market?Hi Bill.would it be just adding some guages to the right side to fill up the extra real estate?I wouldn't know..but just asking.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I was looking at one the other day...Yikes, did you see the pricetag? :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Manny,I'm designing the Caravelle for Cloud9, due in the next months and it will feature several screen resolutions, like:1024x7681280x10241600x1200AND1280x720 WIDE!I decided to introduce Widescreen panels in FS, because I wasn't very happy of using FS2004 on my notebook, that has a 15" Wide display :)The panel background will not simply scaled up or down: since we are not using edited photographs but 3D renderings, the different resolutions will actually coming from separate rendering sessions at different resolutions so even the 1024x768 will still look very good, because it's a native 1024x768 rendering at maximum quality, not a scaled down version of an higher resolution version, and the 1600x1200 will look *criminally* good, because it comes from a 1600x1200 rendering at the maximum quality allowed by the 3D rendering program.Also, I'm not using rotating bitmaps and standard MS SDK sprites/needles/sliders: ALL the graphic is done via GDI+ vector commands, so the needles will look more and more nicer automatically, the more resolution you'll have on screen.Using the same concept, Widescreen resolutions will be done: I simply set the renderer to output at that resolution, so it will generate a TRUE WIDESCREEN display (it's anamorphic, so it will look stretched in the Y axis if seen on a 4:3 standard resolution ), and the big advantage, for those with a Wide display, is that MORE gauges will fit the display, making for a much easier flight, because also more scenery will fit the normal window, without having to use an unrealistic wideangle zoom factor.I'm also considering the 1900x1200, for those with a 23" Wide display ( maybe as a separate download ), the different resolutions will be very easy to select, because there will be different Airplane versions, each one with its own native resolution to choose from the regular Aicraft select menu.Umberto Colapicchionihttp://www.virtualisoftware.com