Sign in to follow this  
captain420

No pfpx/topcat profile for 777-300ER?

For those who fly the 777-300ER, what profile do you guys use? I can't seem to find a Boeing 777-300ER profile for PFPX or TOPCAT at all. How is one suppose to use this plane then?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi,

There is no profile in TOPCAT for the 777-300ER, I'm using TOPER for the takeoff performance, no perfect but good enough.

For PFPX, I'm using this one: 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2819-pfpx-boeing-777-performance-profiles-pack-part-one/

But there are others.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Treat the 777-300ER as a heavier 777-200LR. Create a modified 777-200 airframe in TOPCAT with 777-300ER weights and limitations. It isn't perfect but it should be close enough for simulation purposes. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

We used TOPCAT set for the -200F to come up with numbers for the -300ER.  Have since gone to TOPER but it lacks the engine out engine obstacle feature.  Six one half dozen other, neither is as hoped for.

Dan Downs KCRP

We need a proper performance tool for the -300ER really.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

5 hours ago, kityatyi said:

We need a proper performance tool for the -300ER really.

Its ridiculous how we don't have one yet..  

Necmi Osman

30 minutes ago, MadBilo said:

Its ridiculous how we don't have one yet..  

Necmi Osman

And your point is?  I'm sure PMDG would love to provide that data but they have to pay Boeing to release that information and I'm not sure Boeing was interested at any price.

We actually need a proper performance calculator for all the Boeings we fly but it's not ridiculous that it doesn't exist.  It is actually quite reasonable.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, downscc said:

And your point is?  I'm sure PMDG would love to provide that data but they have to pay Boeing to release that information and I'm not sure Boeing was interested at any price.

We actually need a proper performance calculator for all the Boeings we fly but it's not ridiculous that it doesn't exist.  It is actually quite reasonable.

I think he's referring to why other people haven't made one yet, or even added a -300ER profile to TOPCAT in the first place.

22 hours ago, downscc said:

What do you mean what is my point? I meant why doesn't TOPCAT have 777-300ER ? Didn't say anything regarding the PMDG company at all

Necmi Osman

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I think he's referring to why other people haven't made one yet, or even added a -300ER profile to TOPCAT in the first place.

Cheers mate. 

Necmi Osman

Because topcat is no longer supported. And even if it was the LR data in not anywhere close to what a real efb calculates 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On 9/22/2017 at 1:58 PM, Olympic260 said:

And even if it was the LR data in not anywhere close to what a real efb calculates 

Good. By the way, is there an EFB in PMDG 777-300?    No!

So, as Mr kityatyi stated above: "We need a proper performance tool for the -300ER really."

Yes, we need.

Hamilton Müller