Sign in to follow this  
jimos87

Flight Enigneer is only moving 1 throttle

Hey, i have a problem with the P3D V4 version, when using the flight engineer to take off (dry) when it moves the throttles to 100 % it only moves one of them not all of them, I have a Saitek throttle set up though fsuipc I also noticed that when I did it manually I couldn't to exceed 62 in ground speed on full power at 50 % load. Any ideas how to fix this?

James O'sullivan

1 hour ago, jimos87 said:

Any ideas how to fix this?

Using FSUIPC? If so, you may need to reconfigure some of your hardware settings.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, jimos87 said:

Hey, i have a problem with the P3D V4 version, when using the flight engineer to take off (dry) when it moves the throttles to 100 % it only moves one of them not all of them, I have a Saitek throttle set up though fsuipc I also noticed that when I did it manually I couldn't to exceed 62 in ground speed on full power at 50 % load. Any ideas how to fix this?

James O'sullivan

In FSUIPC, make sure your throttles are set to "Send to FS" not "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration". Then in the list, each throttle needs to be "Axis Throttle X Set" (for each engine).

I sorted this out by reinstalling but I'm confused by the afe does he control my throttles all the time because on approach i cant slow down when you choose in range and before landing sometimes he gives me back control of throttles sometimes he doesn't, Also I've just done my first proper flight only from Cardiff to Heathrow and I noticed that the AFE did not change to aux fuel tank when the main ones were empty, and kept randomly throttling back the outer engines.

3 hours ago, jimos87 said:

I sorted this out by reinstalling but I'm confused by the afe does he control my throttles all the time because on approach i cant slow down when you choose in range and before landing sometimes he gives me back control of throttles sometimes he doesn't, Also I've just done my first proper flight only from Cardiff to Heathrow and I noticed that the AFE did not change to aux fuel tank when the main ones were empty, and kept randomly throttling back the outer engines.

Make sure to have a read through the Intro Manual. We put a lot of effort into demystifying the planes in that manual. It explains what the AFE does and does not do. One of those items that is your responsibility is fuel management (and you should be emptying the aux before the mains while at cruise, by the way).

EDIT: Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry, i actually find the AFE information is a bit vague there's a sentence there that says to help you manage everything that's going on, To me that also implies fuel selectors, it also says when you click the abort button I should be able to get control. well, that isn't happening for me when I press abort it doesn't give me control and it also says the only notable exception is taking and flying. Fuel isn't mentioned:/ Never mind its much further down in the manual found it

8 minutes ago, jimos87 said:

Sorry, i actually find the AFE information is a bit vague there's a sentence there that says to help you manage everything that's going on, To me that also implies fuel selectors, it also says when you click the abort button I should be able to get control. well, that isn't happening for me when I press abort it doesn't give me control and it also says the only notable exception is taking and flying. Fuel isn't mentioned:/ Never mind its much further down in the manual found it

The sentence says "help you manage," and not "do everything for you." In aviation, it's best to adopt the idea of "if it doesn't explicitly state something, it's not happening." We didn't list fuel as something the AFE takes care of. Don't assume.

As I mentioned earlier: full names - first and last - are required to be in your posts here.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, jimos87 said:

my name is there in my first post i havent change my name since i posted it :/

The rules state every post. It's easiest if you put it in your signature block like mine and Kyle's. Saves you having to type it out each time or forgetting.