Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Beware of pcaviator.com !! (and please help me)

All of this seems to be a little inaccurate. First of all, FedEx or any other carrier will not charge for customs. The shipper has to include all the shipping fees (including taxes and customs) and if that's not done the item/package will simply not get delivered or returned.I have received a lot of merchandise from all over the world and never had any problems with customs. FedEx is taking you or a ride - $400 for a $250 item? I don't think so. If any customs will be applied, it will be based on the purchase value without shipping. However, again, this is the shippers responsibility, not yours.Pat

Actually Pat, depending on the country, FedEx and other carries bar USPS act as an agent to collect any tax or import fees owing before delivery. I have imported a few items from around the world and each time I have had them delivered via FedEx or UPS they have contacted me to pay the charges owing (Tax, Customs fees) before they will deliver to me.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest gasebah

In response to post 23. Jeroen's. It says this on the small header. Or you could see it when you view it in threaded mode.Alex

That is correct. The airplane containing the freight clears under a customs manifest clearance, then the parcel carrier acts as agent for the freight in clearing the individual shipments. That is distinctly different from a standard air freight shipment where the shipment is airport to airport only and customs clearance is responsibility of the consignee.What I would do... if it was me... is to call a local customs broker. You should find them in the telephone directory. Explain the problem and ask if they can help. At this point I would what a full fledged CHB with power of attorney talking to customs on my behalf. Brokers have relationships with customs and can leverage this for you.You're getting abused both by customs and fedex. As an individual, you dont represent a volume of business, so FDX is going to play by their tariff only. Customs could care less. They arent going to lose the business regardless. So to work the system, go to a CHB and get it handled.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest gasebah

Usually tax and customs are not included in the shipping fee. Tax and customs are the buyers responsibility. However there usually is a clearly written receipt from the customs office. And the shipper can of course not charge any additional fees but only collect what was issued by customs as the handling is already paid for by the shipping fee. Problem is two things have to be clearly stated: The kind of the merchandise and the value. The kind of the merchandise determines what percentage of tax has to be paid (there are like thousands of categories) and the value is of course always necessary.I do not know where you are located but in the EU customs very often turn a blind eye on private shipments which is probably why you never had any problems. I get a lot of stuff from the US and about 60% gets through customs without any import tax which doesn't change the fact that taxes apply. I dunno about Turkey and any countries outside the EU but I am very clear regarding the EU. I am a product manager and handle a lot of overseas suppliers so trust me on this.Alex

I dunno. I have lived in the EU before moving to the States a few years ago and in both continents usually the customs and taxes were included in the shipping. I really cannot comment how international shipments are being handled in Turkey, but I would really doubt that any carrier would display such an outragous "fee" as mentioned in the original post. Geez, if my family sends me a package with any local USPS-like postal service from the EU (non-UPS, FedEx, etc.), it is usually here within 3 business day and without the BS that some "express" carriers impose on the shipper - and for a fraction of the price.On another note, I just wouldn't pay that much for shipping from the US. There are surely better ways to get this product from anywhere closer within the EU for probably $20 shipping.Pat

Guest TC-BUG

Sorry I couldn't post.We've been working on this and tomorrow,we'll go to a private customs company,owned by my dad's friend,and we'll pay him 300 Turkish liras,around 220 dollars,and he'll take care of everything,well I'll pay but still not 600 dollars but something like 200 dollars which is making me happy that his horrible nightmare for me is going to end tomorrow.And also,finally the president of Pcaviator personally emailed me since then we've been talking and he's been trying to help and I appreciate it.He says the invoice is properly included within the price and there's also a 2nd invoice delivered specially to fedex.In this case the customs is lying to me to get more money I suppose.Anyway tomorrow,this'll all be over,and by tuesday,I'll have my yoke and rudders sitting at home,as it should have happened on friday.I'll keep you posted.Thanks to everybody who's been trying to help me here.I appreciate it all you people.Thank you all.

Custom's duties and local taxes are very rarely included in the price for obvious reasons. These are that the seller would have to know what these were in every country it shipped to and how the local regulations were actually interpreted - a yoke and pedals could well fit different classifications and the seller would have to know which. Also, there would be impossible problems in accounting for any duties charged, sending them to the overseas country and then relating them to particular imports.I've imported items by post into the UK and had letters from the Royal Mail asking me for the duty and its handling charge before it would deliver. (The EU is a bit irrelevant because it's a single-market so there are no duties between its member states.)I suspect that the original poster hoped he wouldn't have to pay dury and is complaining because he has to.

Guest gasebah

The original poster complained that customs and tax and handling charges should have been an amount worth 1.5 times the value of the original price of the product. Not that taxes and customs apply.Alex

In Belgium they always add the shipping costs to the original invoice and tax you on the total. But "only" 21 %. Not 100 % or more.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Customs and other charges on imports are what the country decides to set them at. It's no use complaining in these forums. The original poster should have checked this out before entering into the transaction and then blaming the seller. Many countries put very high duties on what they regard a unnecessary luxury items - I think a yoke and pedals for FS might fall into that category. I might object to the level of my income tax but so what? - I still have to pay it and don't complain about it in these forums.