Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Beware of pcaviator.com !! (and please help me)

Guest TC-BUG

Yes in the past some of my friends ordered via UPS and they got theirs shipped to their home.If pcaviator did what I chose,I would have the same thing today.Well in this situation it might have not happened,because of again pcaviator,that they did not include a real receipt inside.Again everything leads to them.@JimmiG : Well I'd love to call them,but imagine how much it'd cost to call USA in a country that their custom can charge 1700 dollars for a blank cd.I will be calling the credit card issuer,or talk to my dad to find some solution,he knows some people,maybe we can lower the customs price and I might still pay some money to get them out but less than 400 dollars.I'll go to the customs and talk to the guys myself too.I'll try to find a less cheaper way anyhow.Fedex is just robbing trapping me in every corner and robbing me every single second in this situation.I'll never trust them again.Thanks everyone.I'll keep you posted on this.Right now my hands are tied and I have to wait for monday and do nothing else.Send some prayers over this way please ;).

I'm a little confused here! How would this be different with UPS? If PCAviator didn't include the original invoice, you would still have the same problem with customs. Anyway when you buy a product, you normally pay shipping charges to the vendor, not the shipper. The shipment is paid out of the vendor's account (Unless the terms you agreed to was charge to shippee (You) in which case I could see why this is happening, If you paid shipping costs up front, this shouldn't apply.). FEDEX only recourse would to go after them for the amount needed. Then the vendor in turn would probably request the difference from you. Which of course you would have your credit card chargedback, for product not recieved. I can't see any scenario other than you agreeing to pay shipping on delivery to FedEX, where they can directly go after you for the money. Then again, you live in a different Country then I do, so your laws, may permit this. Good luck!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest TC-BUG

I forgot to say that,when the customs doesn't see the original receipt,they include the shipping price with the product price,which is 410 dollars,so they assume the product is 410 dollars,and this costs a customs tax of 400 dollars.If they had put the real and original receipt inside,they were only going to do this calculation over 250 dollars which is the real product price and so I was going to pay something around 200 dollars instead of 400.Everything is their fault,I can't blame fedex,well except for the fact that they are robbing me every single passing second.How does a company not include a real receipt but puts a xerox copy of it??I can't understand this.Also fedex is run by some other company here,so this is why they are doing all these stuff.UPS is run by the international chains or DHL and as I said again none of this was going to happen if it were to be delivered by them.Anyway,what is done is done,I'll just try and find a way out of this,and I sware to order nothing from USA ever again.

Guest firehawk44

Wow! What a nightmare! I wanted to throw in my two cents worth of advice. I noted on the PC Aviator website that your order was shipped from the US office. US Customs wouldn't allow a product such as this to leave the US without proper documentation (or shouldn't). When FEDEX received the product, they had to ensure the product was properly documented for the country of shipment before they accepted it from PC Aviator. If it was not properly documented to get through Turkish customs, then I think you have a solid complaint with FEDEX. FEDEX should pick it back up from customs and return it to PC Aviator or get the proper documentation. I agree with another simmer in this thread that it didn't make any difference who the carrier was. FEDEX or UPS shipping is the same especially when shipping to another country. I think your problem is solely with Turkish customs (and maybe FEDEX) and no one other than you can resolve that problem. PC Aviator does have a 30 day money back guarantee on all their products so you would not be out your original $250 paid to PC Aviator for the product.As some others have suggested, I would NOT stop payment on your credit card. You are asking for a major nightmare and more problems if you do. Hope you can get it resolved Monday.Jim

I have bought things from PCAviator over many years. I dealwith the Australian branch & have had superb service.Peter Sydney Australia

>I think its unfair to target PC Aviator. Seems your problem>is with FedEx, and NOT PC Aviator.>>Not if PCAviator, didn't supply a proper invoice!! That's SOP, and they should have known better!!!!! Especially shipping internationally. Yes FedEx should have checked, but the onus is on the shipper to provide what is needed from their end. FedEx is only acting as their agent! So, yes FedEx does shoulder some blame, but the problem was mainly caused by the lack of an invoice from PCAviator!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

No, it's Turkish customs.FedEx have standard policies and fees in every country, and these are probably the fees in Turkey.Nothing to do with pcaviator, if he'd bought $600 (including shipping) worth of goods from any other non-Turkish company he'd have to pay the same thing.That $400 or so is tax, FedEx fees to collect and process the tax for you, and apparently a fee for taking up shelfspace in their warehouse (probably because he refused to take delivery when offered).If you're importing goods into a country there's a lot of paperwork to deal with, every shipping agent (which is all that FedEx is) is goind to charge for dealing with that paperwork. They're not legally allowed to let go of the goods until the money has been paid, and the goods do cost them money until that time (that warehouse costs money to build and run).While it sounds expensive to have to essentially pay the same amount again, such is life and it's not at all unheard of.

If Turkey is to join the EU it WILL HAVE to change their rules.I ordered 3 years ago the yoke and pedals from PROADVANTAGE in the USA and received it in Belgium for just above $200. For some obscur reason no custom/tax on these things (should have been and then it would have amounted around 20-25%)Oh, when there are customs to pay it is the delivering company that collects it at your door when delivering the merchandise.Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest allcott

>If Turkey is to join the EU it WILL HAVE to change their>rules.>>I ordered 3 years ago the yoke and pedals from PROADVANTAGE in>the USA and received it in Belgium for just above $200. For>some obscur reason no custom/tax on these things (should have>been and then it would have amounted around 20-25%)>Oh, when there are customs to pay it is the delivering company>that collects it at your door when delivering the>merchandise.>>RogerYes, that's the bit I don't understand: Fedex are contracted to deliver to the addressee. Unless the invoice simply states `Custom Shed, Turkey`, THEY haven't fulfilled their contractual obligations and are not entitled to collect A PENNY until the goods are `delivered`. As they are sitting in a Fedex bonded warehouse somewhere they are not `delivered`, therefore the charges are a moot point. Customs charges are collected at the point of delivery unless the contract inlcuded collection by the customer from a bonded warehouse or port of entry. This is SOP and while I am no expert on legal matters in Turkey it seems to me that it should be the law there as well!Cancel the transaction via the credit card. Tell PCAviator that they are NOT getting paid. Let THEM sort it out. Who cares why, how or who? They want paying for goods despatched? Let THEM do the hoop-jumping!Unlike others I don't think anyone is to blame other than PCAviator. They have accepted payment and it is their responsibility to fulfill the contract (for the supply of goods to their customer). If they have failed for whatever reason it is NOT the responsibility of the customer, it is the culpability of the vendor. Let THEM chase Fedex (who cannot have your credit card number by the way, or else a very serious breach of the law has taken place at PCAviators' end and they could end up on charges and even in jail).Allcott

As far as I can understand the original poster, the real problem is that he didn't realise that he'd have to pay Turkish customs duties on his purchase. That's the purchaser's responsibility not the seller's or the shipper's. Neither PCAviator or Fedex can be held responsible for that. PCAviator provided the goods and Fedex delivered them to Turkey. It's now the responsibility of the purchaser to pay the duty if he wants the goods released. I imagine that Turkish law does not allow goods into the country until the duty is paid, so it wouldn't legally possible for Fedex to deliver them until that duty is paid. Most of this thread is on a false premise. The original poster thought he could import the goods duty-free into Turkey and is now complaining because he's expected to pay duty under Turkish law. Frankly, it's all his own fault.

Guest allblack

Don't be in too much of a hurry to contact your credit card provider.The dispute regulations for Visa & M/Card state the charge can't be reversed for 30-days from the date of the transaction, unless the vendor agrees goods can't be delivered. And that's unlikely to happen.And I wouldn't recommend lying to the bank saying the charge wasn't authorised, bank staff hate being lied to in order to achieve an end. Better to be straight with them, it ain't their fault!CheersTim

Guest gasebah

This is simply not true. But I guess like most of the time your intent is to provoke rather than give advise. It is obvious that PCAviator has not properly documented the shipment. This is the main reason for the problems with customs. And of course dealing with the paperwork is included in the price of overseas shipping and cannot be charged extra. And after all the least PCAviator could have done is help the poor guy and send a proforma invoice per fax or mail. But they seem arrogant enough to not even care and disregard his mails.I would do the same as was suggested before. Let the shipment sit there. Pretend you havn't even ordered it in the first place. You cannot be charged for that. They can only charge you if you fail to pick it up in a timely fashion. If you refuse to accept the shipment alltogether they cannot charge you a dime. In Germany after a certain time it is automatically shipped back to the vendor. Not sure about Turkey though. Then on monday get back to your credit card company and withdraw the money. They will have to check if your claim is valid. Just send them the copies of your mail to PCAviator. I had a very similar situation a while ago and after a few weeks I finally got my money back.Alex

Guest allblack

Alex, to which poster is your comment directed?Tim