Sign in to follow this  

Is Prepar3D V4.1 just around the corner?

I am really enjoying flying GA aircraft in rural areas in V4. The performance is spectacular. In these scenarios I have nearly everything yanked up to max and with my display refresh rate set to 30hz the experience is silky smooth and the immersion is out of this world. Not so great with Tube liners especially on approach to big addon airports and I just couldn't be bothered with the tuning. I tried it but just cant get the satisfaction I'm getting from low and slow.

Now the only thing I am really missing is all those fantastic ORBX Airports I've collected over the years. Now I realize once they are installed I will have to dial back my setting quite a bit but well see how that pans out.

But it got me wondering, its 2 months since version 4 was released and there is no real sign of any of the preexisting ORBX airports materializing.

Not that I am complaining (I don't want JV coming around to my house and beating me up again). I know these things take time.

Perhaps the Devs. know something we don't. A possible hold up could be that V4.1 is imminent? Surely if a dev was ready to release an addon but know an update to the sim was just a week or two away they would wait to test the addon with latest version before releasing it to the great unwashed.

If version 4 was version 3, Version 4.1 would be 3 weeks away. As it is attributed to Mark Twain 'History doesn't repeat itself but it sure does rhyme' :biggrin:

Well said Avidean!

ORBX teased us with a few of their free airports and they look/run great but I'm waiting for all of my purchased air fields for V4. And I'm feeling you may be on the right track with 4.1 on the horizon as the cause of all of our waiting. Until then I may just ware out Bowerman field :-).

D-Man

No, it's certainly not Prepar3d4.1. ORBX needs to finalize betatesting of the new 64 Bits objectflow.dll which they developed in-house.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I think Michael's description is right on. It's clear from the Orbx forums that after waiting for the externally developed Object Flow to catch up to v4 (plan A), they got frustrated with the developer and decided to write their own 64 bit compatible OF (Plan B) which of course needs time to write (done) and be tested (ongoing). If you believe them at all (I do), that's the sole reason for the delay.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

I am guessing that 4.1 will be available right before Labor Day in the US. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Geez....might be a longer wait than I had hoped for for my Orbx airports. :sad:

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I am guessing V4.1 in 2 weeks. Followed within a couple of days by lots of ORBX airports.

My guess are usually better than most peoples facts. LOL!:biggrin:

It could be what FSL are waiting for also.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

Well then what do you guess 4.1 is going to give us?   I feel like it's still Christmas. :biggrin:

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Wish that they optimize dynamic lightning and light/shadows in general. It's annoying when panning around or taxiing and that light conditions changes abruptly from dark to light or vice versa. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

It could be what FSL are waiting for also.

oh god not more waiting. i wish they'd just get on with it

14ppkc-6.png

22 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Geez....might be a longer wait than I had hoped for for my Orbx airports. :sad:

JV just posted this in the Orbx forum...

We are releasing an open beta of ObjectFlow2 hopefully this weekend.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Avidean said:

I am guessing V4.1 in 2 weeks. Followed within a couple of days by lots of ORBX airports.

You may or may not be right:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139362-updated-airports-for-p3d-v4/#comment-1232506

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139389-pavd-valdez-p3d-v4/#comment-1232556

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139390-nzqn-in-p3d-v4/#comment-1232564

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

JV just posted this in the Orbx forum...

We are releasing an open beta of ObjectFlow2 hopefully this weekend.

Oh nice. Great news. I saw the post on the Orbx forums...very impressive. I loved Innsbruck in FSX but it looks spectacular in P3Dv4. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg