Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How about the Carribean?

I've been noticing some nice sceneries in the Carribean.  Tropicalsim and Richer Simulations have been creating/updating some sceneries.  Notably Tropicalsim:

• Antigua
  • Curacao

Richer Simulations:

• Barbados
  • St. Kitts

Add these to the list of airports by FlyTampa, Dreamflight Studios, and LatinVFR TJSJ.

Granted, there's a lot of ugly airports in the area but, here's hoping they too get much needed facelifts.  Things are looking up and these are great destinations on the way to South America as well! 

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'd really like to see the updates from Tropicalsim and LatinVFR come a bit quicker quicker. I almost always fly between the US/Canada to Caribbean/Mexico/Latin America. The native Fly Tampa installers would be nice too.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I like the new Curacao and Antigua in V4 a lot. TropicalSim has finally moved to better work and better integration with FTX and NA LC from Orbx. They are nice sceneries and good on FPS. Latin VFR San Juan is good too, and has been updated for V4. The ever great St. Maarten from FlyTampa is the perennial.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

25 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I'd really like to see the updates from Tropicalsim and LatinVFR come a bit quicker quicker. I almost always fly between the US/Canada to Caribbean/Mexico/Latin America. The native Fly Tampa installers would be nice too.

I haven't seen LatinVFR doing any updating down there yet and I don't pay much attention to Fly Tampa much since I, generally, only buy stuff from sales which they seem to have pretty much stopped.  Lesser known developers have been stepping up, though, and the quality has been rising. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

5 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Lesser known developers have been stepping up, though, and the quality has been rising. 

That is the beauty of a major change like P3D V4 and eventually FSW. It's a shake-up that let's the little guys have a chance to prove themselves and establish a user base. I've bought both Antigua and Curaçao and very pleased with both.

16 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I haven't seen LatinVFR doing any updating down there yet and I don't pay much attention to Fly Tampa much since I, generally, only buy stuff from sales which they seem to have pretty much stopped.  Lesser known developers have been stepping up, though, and the quality has been rising. 

Actually, if you go to the FlyTampa website you will find V4 updates and installation instructions available. I do have Latin VFR TJSJ updated to a V4 installer.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Actually, if you go to the FlyTampa website you will find V4 updates and installation instructions available. I do have Latin VFR TJSJ updated to a V4 installer.

Good to know but, really, I was talking about the rest of their Caribbean airports.  They've very dated.  

Gregg Seipp

The one big gap in Caribbean airports for me is a p3d compatible Montego Bay...hopefully someone has it on their to do list 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I've been noticing some nice sceneries in the Carribean.  Tropicalsim and Richer Simulations have been creating/updating some sceneries.  Notably Tropicalsim:

• Antigua
  • Curacao

Richer Simulations:

• Barbados
  • St. Kitts

Add these to the list of airports by FlyTampa, Dreamflight Studios, and LatinVFR TJSJ.

Granted, there's a lot of ugly airports in the area but, here's hoping they too get much needed facelifts.  Things are looking up and these are great destinations on the way to South America as well! 

Shame there's no 330, or 787 to get there 😑😑😑😑

14ppkc-6.png

With the older Latinvfr sceneries at least I can point to p3d v4 and install to test. Tropicalsim's older installers will not open if you do not have FSX installed.

I hope that MDPP by DF is updated.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

RWY26 Simulations  Jamaica / Norman Manley International Airport (NMIA) appeared at Simmarket today.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

17 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

RWY26 Simulations  Jamaica / Norman Manley International Airport (NMIA) appeared at Simmarket today.

Mike

Looks pretty nice but, kinda pricey for static jetways.  Maybe they're all broken in Jamaica?

Gregg Seipp

Hi all,

I'd like to revive this. I'm a recent P3D convert, I love the Caribbean. I got UTX Caribbean V2, which has San Juan, St. Thomas, Trinidad and Tabago and Walker's Cay. I also added FlyTampa SXM, which gives you St. Bart's and Saba.

I've seen some of the others mentioned here, but has anyone found anything else in the last year or so since this thread died? Any freeware?

I'd love to get some more Caribbean scenery!

Fun fact...

Many years ago I was cabin crew in I was on the  inaugural Gatwick to Kingston Virgin Flight. (I was a good looking young lad then and part of the special PR crew, now Im a balding mess) 

Anyways, We arrived in Kingston on our 747,  Branson walked down the front steps, did the PR bit with the press kissing the tarmac and all that jive. 

Whilst this was going on we opened doors L5 at the back and handed over the 20 deportees / prisoners to the 🇯🇲 police. 

Halcyon days... 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 5/18/2018 at 1:59 PM, mtr75 said:

Hi all,

I'd like to revive this. I'm a recent P3D convert, I love the Caribbean. I got UTX Caribbean V2, which has San Juan, St. Thomas, Trinidad and Tabago and Walker's Cay. I also added FlyTampa SXM, which gives you St. Bart's and Saba.

I've seen some of the others mentioned here, but has anyone found anything else in the last year or so since this thread died? Any freeware?

I'd love to get some more Caribbean scenery!

Added MEX HIGH FLIGHT - MUHA during a 50% off sale and it works fine in P3d v4 and I'd say its very nicely done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.