Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How about the Carribean?

Aerosoft's Bonaire TNCB is quite well done and pairs nicely with Tropicalsim's Curacao, a 40nm hop away,

On 7/30/2017 at 9:27 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

I haven't seen LatinVFR doing any updating down there yet and I don't pay much attention to Fly Tampa much since I, generally, only buy stuff from sales which they seem to have pretty much stopped.  Lesser known developers have been stepping up, though, and the quality has been rising. 

Actually as Lee mentioned, we updated TJSJ with new P3dv4 materials (before PBR). Reason many people did not hear about the new version was because we did not charge. TJSJ was updated last year, with new gate denomination, new textures. And we did not charge nor release as a V2.

Others, we hope to come around sometime soon, however there is a new breed of developers looking into some of the smallish Caribbean fields.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CavalierDuck said:

Aerosoft's Bonaire TNCB is quite well done and pairs nicely with Tropicalsim's Curacao, a 40nm hop away,

It's working in P3D 4.5?

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

7 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

It's working in P3D 4.5?

I can confirm it works in P3D 4.4, I haven't gone up to 4.5 yet.  I don't remember if any tweaking was needed to make it work but if it did, it was minor.

I haven't upgraded to P3Dv4.5 yet, but I fly priamrily in and around the Caribbean and own most payware created.  Below is my list of airports I currently fly into.  If the scenery is compatable with P3Dv4.4 I say so, some work, but there are some slight issues which I list as 'Partial', if I do not know if it is compatible with v4.4 I leave it blank because I haven't installed it yet.

ICAO Freeware Loc Publisher Airport P3Dv4 Comp?
MBPV   Turks & Caicos TropicalSim Providenciales Yes
MDLR   Dominican FSDG La Romana Yes
MDPC   Dominican TropicalSim Punta Cana Yes
MDPP   Dominican Dreamflight Puerto Plata Yes
MDSD   Dominican Latin VFR Las Americas NO
MDST   Dominican TropicalSim Cibao Yes
MHRO   Honduras Latin VFR Roatan Island Yes
MKJP   Jamaica Latin VFR Kingston Yes
MKJS   Jamaica Latin VFR Montego Bay Yes
MTPP   Haiti Spectre Port Au Prince NO
MWCR   Cayman Latin VFR Owen Roberts Yes
MYGF   Bahamas AVSIM Grand Bahama  
MYNN   Bahamas Aerosoft Nassau Yes
SABA   Anguilla FlyTampa SABA Island Yes
SVJC * Venezuela David Maldonado Josefa Camejo Yes
SVMG * Venezuela AVSIM Margarita  
SVMI   Venezuela Latin VFR Caracas Yes
SVSB * Venezuela LatinWings Barinas  
SVVA * Valencia AVSIM Arturo Michelena  
TAPA   Antigua TropicalSim V.C. Bird Yes
TAPH * Barbuda AVSIM Codrington  
TBPB   Barbados Richer Simulations Grantley Adams Yes
TDCF * Dominica AVSIM Canefield  
TDPD * Dominica AVSIM Melville Hall  
TFFF   Martinique TropicalSim Le Lamentin Yes
TFFG * Anguilla AVSIM Grand Case  
TFFJ   Anguilla FlyTampa Saint Barts Yes
TFFR   Guadaloupe Taxi2Gate Le Raizet Yes
TGPY   St. Georges Richer Simulations Point Salines Yes
TGPZ   Grenada FlyTampa Carriacou Yes
TIST   British Virgin Is TropicalSim Saint Thomas Yes
TISX * US Virgin Is AVSIM Saint Croix Yes
TJSJ   Puerto Rico Latin VFR San Juan Yes
TJVQ   Puerto Rico SXAD Antonio Rivera Yes
TKPK   Saint Kitts Taxi2Gate Robert L. Bradshaw Yes
TLPC   Saint Lucia FSDG George F I Charles Yes
TLPL   Saint Lucia FSDG Hewanorra Yes
TNCA   Aruba TropicalSim Reina Beatrix Yes
TNCB   Bonaire Aerosoft Flamingo Yes
TNCC   Curacao TropicalSim Willemstad Yes
TNCM   Anguilla FlyTampa Saint Maartin Yes
TQPF * Anguilla AVSIM Wallblake  
TTCP   Tobago Latin VFR Crown Point Yes
TTPP   Trinidad Latin VFR Piarco Yes
TUPJ   British Virgin Is TropicalSim Beef Island Yes
TVSB   Grenadines FlyTampa J. F. Mitchell Yes
TVSC   Grenadines FlyTampa Canouan Yes
TVSM   Grenadines FlyTampa Mustique Yes
TVSA   St. Vincent FSDG Argyle International Yes
TVSU   Grenadines FlyTampa Union Island Yes
TVSV   Saint Vincent FSDG E. T. Joshua Yes
TXKF   Bermuda Latin VFR Bermuda Yes
Edited by SmokeDiddy
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

That's a very useful list, thank you! Two questions:

1) How did you get LatinVFR's TTPP to work? I did find some fixes at some website but still have an awful-looking apron.

2) I thought FT's Grenadines was supposed to have all sorts of issues in P3Dv4. You say it works fine out of the box?

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

SmokeDiddy,

I don't fly in the Caribeans but Kudos for the list!

Respect!

• Like 1

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

That's a very useful list, thank you! Two questions:

1) How did you get LatinVFR's TTPP to work? I did find some fixes at some website but still have an awful-looking apron.

2) I thought FT's Grenadines was supposed to have all sorts of issues in P3Dv4. You say it works fine out of the box?

On number 1, I don't know, it just works.  At least I haven't found any issues, but the textures may need updating.  Here is a screen capture I just took from P3Dv4:

8fB3

On Number 2,  FT updated the Grenadines for v3 and they appear to all work in v4.  I didn't take screenshot of these, but I flown in and out of them several times in v4.

Hope this helps. -Robert

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

On FlyTampa forums, some guys among which DDjose achieved to make Grenadines work in P3DV4. Might require an action in OrbX FTX Central to solve the possibly autogen issue.

- TONY -

1 minute ago, Simicro said:

On FlyTampa forums, some guys among which DDjose achieved to make Grenadines work in P3DV4. Might require an action in OrbX FTX Central to solve the possibly autogen issue.

Thank you for that Tony!  I went to their forums before I replied to the above post and didn't find what I thought I remember doing.  I believe I had to point the P3Dv3 installer to the P3Dv4 location and it worked.

-Robert

don't forget the mighty mpto(panama city) airport. It's on the mainland but the approach is just stunning. pacific to the west, caribbean sea to the east. Plus COPA airlines operates TONS of routes out of it with 737NGs. It was brought to v4 standard by fsim studios and features sode jetways and nice looking ground textures. And at 20 EUR ..ish  it's not so expensive. having gone there IRL i can say it's very accurate and it's nicely done.

Living myself in the Caribbean since 3 years (Curaçao) and a lot flying around for my job, I'm of course, "collecting" regional sceneries, and a lot of them, mentioned above, a really nice. But I also tried the photoreal scenary of Guadeloupe (huge download!), but the ground textures are much too bright and look terrible, especially in combination with T2G's TFFR! 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, Simicro said:

In order for for the AG to show up the user has to manually add the descriptions to the default.xml autogen:

https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9477

This is what I see:

VTLPz1e.jpg

Jose

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm looking forward to the release of Bahamas sceneries. Not the Caribbean, but close enough.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.