Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How about the Carribean?

I'm not really into editing files etc. so I'll wait and hope for an official update.

But thanks for the info for the other mates Jose.

• Like 1

- TONY -

On 7/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, Benjamin J said:

That's a very useful list, thank you! Two questions:

1) How did you get LatinVFR's TTPP to work? I did find some fixes at some website but still have an awful-looking apron.

2) I thought FT's Grenadines was supposed to have all sorts of issues in P3Dv4. You say it works fine out of the box?

LatinVFR's TTPP doesn't work in P3D v4.5, but FT Grenadines does. Certainly NOT out of the box.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, Simicro said:

I'm not really into editing files etc. so I'll wait and hope for an official update.

But thanks for the info for the other mates Jose.

The real issue for me is that once FTX Central is opened, you will lose the AG at FT Grenadines.

I have to keep a backup of the AG folder and replace it every time I open FTX Central.

I see Jose. That is another reason for me to wait and hope for an official update.

- TONY -

Hey guys,

I found an absolute gem: freeware of the island of Guadeloupe. So far as I can tell some dude just did this for fits and giggles. It's almost 10 GB, and rivals absolutely any payware I've seen of anything. Simply OUT. STANDING.

Guadeloupe Freeware P3D

Whoops - already posted this!

Edited by mtr75

PS: Dude also did St. Bart's:

St. Bart's Freeware

If I didn't already have FT SXM, which includes TFFJ, I would download this in a heartbeat.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:27 AM, LarsA said:

Living myself in the Caribbean since 3 years (Curaçao) and a lot flying around for my job, I'm of course, "collecting" regional sceneries, and a lot of them, mentioned above, a really nice. But I also tried the photoreal scenary of Guadeloupe (huge download!), but the ground textures are much too bright and look terrible, especially in combination with T2G's TFFR! 

Couldn't possibly disagree more. The Guadeloupe freeware is patently amazing.

Hey @SmokeDiddy -- did you have a utility to produce that list or did you do it manually in a spreadsheet?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, mtr75 said:

Couldn't possibly disagree more. The Guadeloupe freeware is patently amazing.

Maybe a video or some pics might help support your claim. Thanks!

21 hours ago, pgde said:

Hey @SmokeDiddy -- did you have a utility to produce that list or did you do it manually in a spreadsheet?

It's a spreadsheet actually.  I started it when I was still using FSX and all of the sceneries were working.  I've added a few since coming over to P3Dv4.  Nevertheless, it's just a manual file I maintain. 

FWIW...The main reason, I wanted all of the Caribbean airports is for AirHauler2.  I have it setup to issue jobs to most, if not all, of the islands, plus a few more.  I only fly GA, well...up until a few weeks ago when I purchased the Flysimware LearJet 35A (which by the way, is the best business jets in P3Dv4 IMO), so I can reach most of the islands in smaller and slower aircraft with no issues of major time and fuel constraints.  Sometimes, I'll load an aircraft and do multiple jobs to island hop if I have some time.  Anyways, this was probably more than you wanted to know.

Here are some helpful links to some scenery maps that helped me locate the sceneries and which islands had strips/airports:

I also found some Approach/Departure charts for several Caribbean airports that I couldn't find on SkyVector:

I hope this helps anyone looking to fly this area.

I also want Bahama sceneries.  I've been waiting on PhotoSim Labs to release their scenery (Bimini and Cat Cay Islands)...They are supposed to make an announcement via their Facebook page this evening at 1800 PST:

Best Regards, Robert P.

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

On 7/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, DJJose said:

I'm looking forward to the release of Bahamas sceneries. Not the Caribbean, but close enough.

Announcement this evening at 1800 PST on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/photosimlabs/posts/?ref=page_internal

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

On 7/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, DJJose said:

I'm looking forward to the release of Bahamas sceneries. Not the Caribbean, but close enough.

is that Jeremy Epstiens place?? 🙂😉   there we a few having a "royal" scotch tonight... phew... 

14ppkc-6.png

I'm using the old FSX freeware Striking Software/PW Sceneries for the Caribbean, ported over to P3Dv4. I had to use ADE to get the taxi ways to show, and there's a few minor anomalies here and there, but nothing I can't live with. For me, it looks much better than default P3Dv4 or Orbx OpenLC NA.

There were 5 sets of sceneries:

Barbados-St Vincent

Grenada

Guadeloupe-Dominica

Leeward Islands

St Lucia-Martinique

But I can't find their web-site anymore. Maybe they took it down. Does anyone know what happened or where it might be?

Thanks - Bob 

On 8/10/2019 at 7:06 AM, DJJose said:

Maybe a video or some pics might help support your claim. Thanks!

Already provided, that's what God made links for.