Sign in to follow this  
niteform

AI_Player.DLL CTD

Hi all!

After doing some internet research, it seems I still cannot find a fix to this problem. Lately I've been having crashes from the "ai_player.dll" while flying in FSX. I have tried with 0% traffic across the board, still seems to do it. The only addon I have is the PMDG 737, no add on scenery, however I do fly on VATSIM, where AI models are still present. Here is an example pulled from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000361b9
Faulting process id: 0x215c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d308d9d953a48c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ai_player.dll
Report Id: 1031004d-333c-4b8b-a56d-85b12a9492a9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

It just started doing this to me in the last couple days, and I am not sure why, I never had a problem with this before and it's quite frustrating having your flight cutoff in the middle constantly.

Thanks much in advance!!

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, it indicates something is wrong with your commercial, freeware, or default AI program.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 30/07/2017 at 5:16 PM, Jim Young said:

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, it indicates something is wrong with your commercial, freeware, or default AI program.

Best regards,

Jim

I know bad ai can cause ctds with aiplayer.dll but I was under the impression that sometimes its the last thing to go when p3d ctds so thats what shows in the event viewer.  A perfect example of this is the pmdg left captain hsi ctd.. which they have now disabled in the latest up date because they cant fix it.  that when it ctds gives you an aiplayer.dll ctd.

Ive recently been getting them alot and thats with no ai on whatsoever.

I know your the expert on these kind of things Jim but even Rob Mcarthy the lead guy is just giving out his normal stock line of  "we are looking at that in our next update"  when trying to close topics

When your sim ctds vpilot is still trying to connect and then you'll get the "looks like your sim has crashed" box come up.  

Therefore vpilot has Sussed the sim Is dead and hence the nail in the coffin is aiplayer.dll. But maybe that might not be the offending one but it's the LAST error you have 

That's my theoey

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, tooting said:

I know bad ai can cause ctds with aiplayer.dll but I was under the impression that sometimes its the last thing to go when p3d ctds so thats what shows in the event viewer.  A perfect example of this is the pmdg left captain hsi ctd.. which they have now disabled in the latest up date because they cant fix it.  that when it ctds gives you an aiplayer.dll ctd.

Possibility I'm sure but unlikely.  To be sure, I'm not the expert on these matters or CTD's.  If you have your AI set to max or textures missing or missing AI for flightplans, I could see maybe a delay in shutting things down.  The ai_player error could also be caused by static aircraft on the ground installed by a commercial developer.  As you know, the more stress you place on your system (via high settings and overclock) the more likely a CTD.  It has already been shown that MyTrafficX (for instance) has incompatible aircraft/textures, made for FS9 and removing those bad textures and aircraft will dramatically reduce the liklihood of this error in P3DV4.  I haven't seen this error since I removed the old aircraft and textures in FSX or P3DV3 or V4.  Some are installing old AI programs made years ago.  For instance, there's an AI program going around with aircraft stolen from other developers (okay, he did not get the permission of the developers to use their aircraft in his product).  No one knows when all of those aircraft were developed.  I also believe we have many members who try to install scenery with static aircraft made for FS9 or earlier versions of FS.  Anytime you throw incompatible scenery and aircraft, you risk the chance of a CTD.  MyTrafficX contains hundrends of AFCAD's that contain old scenery with possibly static aircraft not compatible with V4.   The ai_player ctd has been around for years and especially after FTX released the Pacific NW.  I got them regularly around Seattle.  It was a pretty ugly CTD several years ago and many were getting it. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10