Sign in to follow this  
Robinf

P3D V4 Frame Rates - Awful.

Just moved from FSX to P3D V4. Getting 7FPS! Using PMDG 777, AS16 is not running, clear skies, no add-on airports, no traffic......

My Rig: i7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz, 16GB Ram, GTX 970 4GB. 

I am getting poor cockpit textures (panel numbers and letters are blurry) What I need to know is what am I doing wrong? Is it my rig? Do I need to overclock? Do I need a better GPU? More Ram? I am rather lost, so any help will be appreciated. (I know that it is not P3D or PMDG, I realize that it is my rig or me and my setup, but where and what?)

Struggling to post screenshots, so have to type it out:

Lighting (HDR Lighting - off)

FXAA - off

AA - 4x MSAA

Tex Filtering - 16x

Res - 4096x4096

Vsync - off

Mimap - off

Cloud density - 70mi

Cloud coverage density - max (However getting 7fps clear skies)

Terrain detail radius - ultra

Tessellation - high

Mesh res - 10m

Texture res - 30cm

Scenery complexity - Dense

Autogen Draw - V High

Autogen Veg - V Dense

Autogen Buildings - Dense

S FX Detail - Medium

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Yep overclocking is a must  with that CPU. Allthough 7fps is a setting problem i guess

I have the  same CPU/GPU. at 4.7Ghz.

Getting about 50-60fps with the PMDG 777 at FT EKCH A20 with FTXOPLCEU. Vector and Global 

Thanks Michael Moe

Go for TML=2048 for that card

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Something is clearly wrong here. Perhaps a high SGSS setting in NI still active from Prepar3d3?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I had FSX first, never had P3d before PMB. I dialed everything back to zero and got 70FPS. So now I am dialing each item up bit by bit. 

Michael, I will  most likely overclock, that was why I bought that processor in the first place.

I found that (NOOB Mistake), 3 add-on airports that I thought were de-active, were in fact active. I deactivated them, made a little difference, but now I have 40fps at these settings:

FXAA - off

AA - 4x MSAA

Tex Filtering - 16x

Res - 2048

Vsync - off

Mimap - off

Cloud density - 70mi

Cloud coverage density - max

Terrain detail radius - high

Tessellation - medium

Mesh res - 38m

Texture res - 1m

Scenery complexity - Dense

Autogen Draw - High

Autogen Veg - Dense

Autogen Buildings - normal

S FX Detail - Medium

I will keep dialing them up.

The first thing I would have stated is that your 4K texture is way to much for your system. I noticed you decreased it to  2048.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Just to add, After I deactivated the 3 big add-ons, I can max the sliders and get 25-30fps. Thanks to PMB and Michael for the quick response. (And Lenny).

I will get the overclocking done this week and continue to play with the settings, but it seems that it was the add-ons.

Looking better.

Wonder about your mesh resolution at 38 meters. Do you have any Orbx stuff?

I run mine at 5m.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

When my FPS start to drop just like they did after installing Latin VFR KMIA, I deleted my scenery config and fixed the problem. Make a copy of your config file and try it.

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Just to add  a few tips. You might try tessalation at ultra. It can help with textureloading. 

Are you at 1920x1080?

I am with SLI 970's but also at 3840x2160(4K)

Stay away from reflections dynamics in general and spredtrees. ONLY  MSAA 

Shadows medium and same for water 

Welcome to P3DV4. The best Sim. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I just had a new build, an i9-7900x with gtx1080ti and two m.2 SSD at RAID 0. Theoretically this system would have exceptional performance. It was super smooth with high frame rates when I first installed and used P3Dv4 even with Pmdg, orbs and other add ons installed.  However, the performance started to degrade drastically when I tried to tweak the system such as changing the .cfg file, setting Nadia inspector, I was getting low 20's and sometimes mid teens in FPS after the tweaked, when before I was getting 40's FPS even in more intense areas. My fix was getting rid of all the tweaks, create a new, default .cfg, setting NI to default and getting rid of it completely, dial down on the OC and settings, and experimenting with vsync in p3d and NCP. Hopefully when you do all this, you will have a much higher FPS and you can start to dial up the graphics settings.

Try:

World
LOD radius:  high
Tesselation factor: high
mesh resolution:  5m
texture resolution:  1m
high resolution terrain unticked

Scenery complexity: extremely dense
autogen draw distance:  medium
autogen vegetation density: normal
autogen building density: dense
speed tree unticked

water detail  medium

Bert

Agree with Bert

The scenery sliders are not the same as P3D v3 or FSX - lower settings in P3D v4 are equal to mid/high settings in v3 and FSX 

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Autogen draw distance of very high is a killer. Medium is the P3d v3 equivalent. 

Thank you for all the help guys. I know from years of simming, when a solution is found, it helps everyone to post it. I do have ORBX, but it was not the issue. The fact that P3D V4 ran at 7FPS in itself is actually opened my eyes to how powerful the sim is. Here is why: I have only downloaded add-ons that are fully V4 compatible, and three of them were huge. (DRZEWIECKI NY Airports, Washington and NYC). I had a brilliant FSX setup that very seldom had OOM. However, using the NY Airports and PMDG B777 only, had the FSX go OOM. V4 However, ran all of it, so to any noobs (like me), uncheck huge airports not being used. (found in Options >Add Ons, not like FSX which used the scenery library) After I unchecked them, my frame rates came back. 

Thanks Michael, yes 1920x1080 and did as you said. And I know that P3D is the best sim, I have known that for a while now. (been patiently waiting for 64Bit)

Bert, Thanks, made those adjustments too. Running at 45FPS now at the new settings.

Will take her into some heavy weather with AS16 today and see how we go. Then after that will do a 14hr flight to make sure nothing gives in. (Nothing worse than 12hrs in and sim gives in, although that is why I moved to 64bit)

Thanks again guys, what a super knowledge base AVSIM has!

• Upvote 1