Sign in to follow this  
hhbrbg

World Traffic 3.0 - aircraft separation

Hi,

I just forward what Greg (developer of wt3) wrote at the .org forum.

Tom

I've pretty much sorted out the traffic separation issues.  Here's a video showing it in action.  I deliberately start 8 different aircraft on 3 separate STAR approaches all bunched close together in regards to arrival times.  Using speed changes and holding patterns, WT3 sorts out all the planes so they land at approximately 2 minute intervals on runway 31 at CYQR with zero overshoots occurring.  Multiple runways can of course be used but I had runway 26 disabled for this demo.  Required separation times can be specified in the Airport Operations file for each runway and each aircraft type.  Holding pattern directions can also be specified for each STAR.

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Thank you for the heads up on that. The WT3 developer takes his work seriously.

Really looking forward to the release of this.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

I really can't wait for this release. I have recently purchased WT 2 and whilst it is better than nothing, it is a bit of a pain to set up and sometimes hard to get working correctly. I am hoping WT 3 solves most of this. It makes a huge  difference to have X-Plane's skies and airports properly populated.

Also very much looking forward to this update, but it's "my opinion" that it is all moot, until a properly functioning (very important) atc program comes along that can interact with all that traffic. Not to disrespect the work the developer has done, but the provided atc in WT2 is minimal at best, that's not "new" news. I bought WT2 a few years ago, and after a couple of months it was removed from my sim, for lack of any adequate atc. And there's still no adequate atc as of today, that interacts properly with WT, that's a shame. Here's hoping that the interaction of WT3, and Pilot2ATC can, and will happen. It's desperately needed in XP.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

We should do a Kickstarter campaign to support development of VOXATC for XP11.

That looks like an elegant solution! Thx for posting.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:37 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

We should do a Kickstarter campaign to support development of VOXATC for XP11.

Eh... they'll have hard competition with Pilot2ATC.   I used VoxATC for many years but when I switched to X-Plane I needed a solution to the horrible default ATC.  Pilot2ATC came along and blew me away.   Such a robust and powerful AI ATC suite.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I use P2ATC in XP11 and it's great. Unfortunately, unless it is redesigned to also control AI Traffic, it is no match for VOXATC.