Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Cannot read flight plan (.net crashes)

Thanks Alex for this great navigation tool you are so generous of your talents. It was pointed out to me that there might be an omission in the flightplan specification for this app at version 1.4.3 regarding the encoding that causes some apps that read littlenavmap flightplans to crash depending on what framework they are using. I'm not a developer, I'm only passing this on to you.

Here is the problem:

"the XML text declaration is incorrect and causes the .Net XML parser to crash

This
"<?xml version="1.0" ?>
is not according to the W3C XML specification

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"
would be correct"

Source:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-TextDecl
Chapter 4.3.1

Thanks again

Thanks, good catch. Can you tell me what apps crash?

Now the questions is: Why do the Qt tools omit the encoding in the file although I set it to UTF-8? Have to see, but it will be fixed.

Edit: Seems that this problem was introduced when moving to Qt 5.9 in LNM version 1.4.4. I'll switch to the latest Qt 5.9.1 which hopefully fixes this error.

Alex

Edited by albar965

23 hours ago, albar965 said:

Thanks, good catch. Can you tell me what apps crash?

Now the questions is: Why do the Qt tools omit the encoding in the file although I set it to UTF-8? Have to see, but it will be fixed.

Edit: Seems that this problem was introduced when moving to Qt 5.9 in LNM version 1.4.4. I'll switch to the latest Qt 5.9.1 which hopefully fixes this error.

Alex

Hi Alex!

The app is AITrackerX and Oliver the developer (who has a forum hear on Avsim) said this was happening when I loaded a LittleNavMap flightplan:

"It is not AITrackerX that crashes, but the .Net XML parser"

Cheers, Harry

Hi Alex - thanks for the link! I tried it in the same scenario as 1.4.3 and now it works perfectly. Thanks for the effort and really sorry for the slow reply I forgot to follow this topic.

Cheers, Harry