Sign in to follow this  
ORN

FS9 Default Aircraft

Guest IFC2

Hi.I was wondering, has anyone ever removed all the default FS9 Aircraft, (and put them somewhere safe of course) so that it just leaves you with you're add-on aircraft in you're hanger so to speak,thanks.also, while were talking about this, has anyone done the same with the "Flights" folder?

Many addon aircraft depend on the gauges and sounds of the default aircraft. You would have to do some file management and editing to make this work. I don't know if the amount of work involved would be worth whatever benefits you are hoping to gain.As far as the flights are concerned, I don't know.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I would not remove the cessna172 - fs9 looks for this a/c and the associated default Seattle flight when all else fails - I think.Everything else can go once you understand basic fs a/c structure and how to get around difficulties arising from addon planes that alias default parts. regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,I put all the airplanes I don't use in a folder called amazingly enough 'unused planes' and just left it in the aircraft folder.It is 1.2Gb and I thought FS9 might load faster, but I don't think it makes any difference. I guess as long as your default flight is not one you want to get rid of you can move them to a folder. Just create another folder called 'unused flights'in the root menu and put the other 'flight' folder in it and see what happens.If it doesn't like it bring them out again, although as you can add flights, so you must be able to delete them as well- all of them if you want!Andy.

Guest IFC2

Hi All,thanks for the replies, I have just done this, and it worked perfectly.what I did was to make a back-up folder on my C drive, the same as FS9 is on, and then made a further two folder called FS9 Original Aircraft, and one called FS9 Flights, then I selected the FS9 default aircraft and cut them, and pasted them into the FS9 original aircraft folder, I did the same with the flights, except for the My Saved Flights.I left all of the gauges and effects etc well alone, I had no intentions of touching them.all of this has not really saved me that much in space, but, it did what I was actually after, and that was to make it so that when I want to select a flight, I just have my flights that I have saved in there, and even better, when I want to select an aircraft, all that is in there now are all of my add-on aircraft, it makes it much easier to change aircraft as all thats in there are the ones that I want.it's better than I thought it would be, and certainly makes life easier.thanks again,

Just leaving the gauges is not enough. Many aircraft use the panels and sounds of the default aircraft as well as the gauge files that are in the panel directories of the default aircraft. The best way to check this is to install FlightSim Manager. It is able to analyze the panels and sounds of the aircraft, and tell you which planes are missing what and what it is looking for. It may be that none of the planes you use use these features.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Maybe you should keep one default plane, like the 172, for reset purposes. Many complex aircrafts benefit from being loaded directly after loading the 172. Here you can also make the little changes that some specific addons benefit from, like the Phoenix 777: Leave the Avionics switch on, everything else off in the 172 panel before you load the 777 ;)Eagle