Sign in to follow this  
benjoglove

Program Pin Error - FMC

Hi,

I was doing a flight in the 777-300 from YSSY to KSFO. Adding in the arrival data and I then get a Program Pin Error on the FMC. Flight has to end as I couldn't do anything with the FMC.

What causes this and is it a bug in the new version?

P3V4. AIRAC through navigraph all up to date. 

Thanks in advance

The error is the result of an unexpected event or state within the FMS program.  It is not a bug, it is almost always the result of the user doing something that the designers didn't allow for or perhaps using a panel state or saved flight with problems.

You'd have to be much more specific in the problem description.  What is "arrival data?"  Do you mean selecting the arrival runway and or approach?

Please note that PMDG posts forum rules and asks us to include our full names on all posts in their forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Another reported that issue while he used a panel state done in P3Dv3 in P3Dv4.

Can it be the same cause for you?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

11 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Another reported that issue while he used a panel state done in P3Dv3 in P3Dv4.

Can it be the same cause for you?

Hi BudBud, I was using my own panel state that I saved. Basically a short panel with a few extra touches. downscc it wasn't a saved flight. I was choosing the star arrival and wanted to change it as it wasn't correct. went to change it and got that error.

1 hour ago, benjoglove said:

I was choosing the star arrival and wanted to change it as it wasn't correct. went to change it and got that error.

There is nothing wrong with changing arrivals, I do it all the time.  That will not cause a PIN ERROR that I am aware of so something else was at play at the time of the change in arrivals.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you mean the points on a star these should not be able to be changed I believe especially if they have resrictions.

Re PIN error,  I have had these a few times, the common factor seems to be where I made a typing mistake and then tried to correct it, the fmc may not have time to catch up.

Harry Woodrow