Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

TOC TOD

Hi! I flying the 747 for the first time tonight. I can not find any TOC or TOD in my ND or CDU. Normal or not normal?  

It would be normal if you didn't have a vertical path resolved, and I wouldn't expect to see it while on the ground. 

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, downscc said:

It would be normal if you didn't have a vertical path resolved, and I wouldn't expect to see it while on the ground. 

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Thank´s!

12 hours ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

Hi! I flying the 747 for the first time tonight.

Hi,

If you haven't already, I would advise that you fly the tutorial provided with the QOTS II.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi! Thank´s! I perform a flight yesterday following tutorial #1 but can not find anything about weather prediction programming to the FMC. I want to learn how to programming weather prediction into the FMC, download weather to FMC e.t.c.

1 hour ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

Hi! Thank´s! I perform a flight yesterday following tutorial #1 but can not find anything about weather prediction programming to the FMC. I want to learn how to programming weather prediction into the FMC, download weather to FMC e.t.c.

This isn't a thing - either in the real plane, or what we've simulated (because of the real plane).

You can download wind data (explained in the Intro Manual - please read it), but that's about it.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

This isn't a thing - either in the real plane, or what we've simulated (because of the real plane).

You can download wind data (explained in the Intro Manual - please read it), but that's about it.

Thank´s! I going to sit down and read the Intro manual carefully. I believe I wasted about 350 people yesterday because I crash my 747-400 due to thunderstorm and not programmed my FMC for bad weather.

3 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

Thank´s! I going to sit down and read the Intro manual carefully. I believe I wasted about 350 people yesterday because I crash my 747-400 due to thunderstorm and not programmed my FMC for bad weather.

Kyle is trying to tell you that you don't "program your FMC for bad weather." You have a weather radar, and that's what you use in flight to detect precipitation. Basically, when you start seeing shades of yellow and red on your weather radar, you should really deviate around it. The problem in this instance is that the weather radar will only work if you have Active Sky.

By the way, when you say you wasted 350 people, I feel like I'm playing Grand Theft Auto. I think killed 350 people might be a better term. Or annihilated. Or fatally injured. Or obliterated.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Just now, Captain Kevin said:

Kyle is trying to tell you that you don't "program your FMC for bad weather." You have a weather radar, and that's what you use in flight to detect precipitation. The problem in this instance is that the weather radar will only work if you have Active Sky.

Thank´s! I have my birthday in september and my wife asked me last week what I wish for birthday present. I going to tell here that I wont Active Sky.

3 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

Thank´s! I have my birthday in september and my wife asked me last week what I wish for birthday present. I going to tell here that I wont Active Sky.

I guess that makes two of us with birthdays in September.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Can I use a combination between  Active Sky with REX Weather Architect and REX Texture Direct

I guess that makes two of us with birthdays in September.

When?  I have my day in 13

Kyle is trying to tell you that you don't "program your FMC for bad weather." You have a weather radar, and that's what you use in flight to detect precipitation. Basically, when you start seeing shades of yellow and red on your weather radar, you should really deviate around it. The problem in this instance is that the weather radar will only work if you have Active Sky.

By the way, when you say you wasted 350 people, I feel like I'm playing Grand Theft Auto. I think killed 350 people might be a better term. Or annihilated. Or fatally injured. Or obliterated.

Yes, That will be a better word!

Which is the best choice? Active Sky Next (ASN) or Active Sky 2016 weather engine by HiFi Simulations?

7 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

Which is the best choice? Active Sky Next (ASN) or Active Sky 2016 weather engine by HiFi Simulations?

AS2016 is the successor to ASN. You shouldn't be asking these questions here, they don't relate to PMDG. Have a look in the P3D or FSX general forums.