Sign in to follow this  
wombat457

Panel Problem?

I fly the SMS Overland series of aircraft, especially the 737-700.  I also use a freeware panel (tungv1 - downloaded from here).  The problem I am having is what seems to be a "duplication of the SMS panel and the tungv1 or 2 panels" - the picture shows exactly what I mean:

Winglet Model:

-2017-jul-31-002_zps9h8mkwj1.jpg

-2017-jul-31-003_zpschbe0gdr.jpg

NON Winglet model:

-2017-jul-31-004_zpsjatwbr30.jpg

-2017-jul-31-005_zpslsccnaje.jpg

The interesting thing is the above issue is only apparent when using the SMS 737-700 Winglet model, it is not an issue with the NON winglet model.  

I have tried removing the "wing views" entries in the panel .cfg along with the relevant images from the tingv1 Panel folder without success.  Anyone else experienced this or know what the issue might be?  PS: tried going to SMS for support but got nothing back from them what so ever.

This is because your aircraft has a virtual cockpit AND a new addon one. You will need to delete the virtual cockpit from the MDL file using HexEditor.

Good luck

Hans.

hjwalter,

Thanks mate.  I got something called HxD Editor and when it opened the SMS .mdl file it looked like a "mess"!  I have no idea what I am looking at to be honest so didn't  play with it and risk screwing something up.

What I did though, thanks to you pointing in the VC direction, was to use a non VC model for the plane and bingo - the problem vanished; however, I now don't have a VC.

Anyway, how on earth do you read the .mdl file and what part of it do I actually have to remove?  This is apart of what I am confronted with:

-2017-jul-31-001_zps3koinelr.jpg

Meddling with the.mdl file - copyright issues, reverse engineering .... dangerous area.

Dijvid

Now I am confused, a little ... the SMS 737-700 DOES have a VC and does give model options for the base model, base model with winglets and base model with winglets and VC; however, the addon panel has NO VC option that would/could interfere with the aircraft .mdl at all?

What I'm saying is, if you think the problem was caused by the add-on panel also having a VC thereby conflicting with the SMS model .mdl, yet the add-on panel has no VC at all, how can there be a conflict?

What adds to my confusion is the use of a non VC model DOES correct the issue?

4 minutes ago, vector said:

Meddling with the.mdl file - copyright issues, reverse engineering .... dangerous area.

Dijvid

Good point and not something that I am capable of doing anyway.  That being the case, and taking into consideration my last post, what do you suggest?

Edited by wombat457
addition

Wombat457

Finding and using a MDL file that does NOT have a VC has the same effect as when you would edit your existing MDL file via the HexEditor. In either of both options you will no longer have a VC but only a 2D main panel together with it's directional views. Take heed though because not all 2D panels have directional view options.

I would want to suggest that you use the addon 2D panel instead of risking copyright and other issues by editing the MDL file.

Hans

Thanks and I am using the 3rd party panel so will just have to forgo the VC.  That isn't a big deal for me though and was more interested in why the problem occurred in the first place.