Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JUL17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Updated to v1.20.8418

Captains,

A few moments ago we pushed an update for the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX/FSX-SE/P3Dv3/P3Dv4.  The update is available to you via micro-update in the PMDG Operations Center and will bring you a few updated items to improve the overall feel of the DC-6 in one simple update.

The changes in this update are relatively small, but we felt that they were easy items to resolve and push out to you in order to enhance your enjoyment of this magnificent product.

You can read the change list in the Operations Center, but for simplicity I have included it here:

- 000000: [Flight Model] Reduced excessive torque at high engine RPM
- 000000: [General] Changed log file name for better support handling.
- 000000: [Licensing] Improved clarity of error messaging.
- 000000: [Lighting] Various power and lighting issues
- 000000: [General] Operating hours are now saved regularlty during flight and also at sim exit for better tracking.
- 000000: [General] Resolved two Automated Flight Engineer sounds that were not playing when called.
- 000000: [General] Added missing flight plan files for tutorials.  Tweaked flight plan files slightly.
- 000000: [Systems] Engine rotating in slipstream will show fuel flow unless fuel supply removed.
- 000000: [Avionics] Captain's VOR1 NAV flag correctly hides as appropriate
- 000000: [Systems] Water injection annunciators illumination corrected
- 000000: [General] Hypoxia effect window renamed for clarity.  (Clarification on Hypoxia? Hmmm.)
- 000000: [Systems] Wheel well lights now work correctly.

The development team working on the DC-6 will have a few more changes and updates pending in the days ahead, and possibly even a few announcements, so stay tuned!

• Upvote 7

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks, Robert and the rest of the team.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

And possibly even a few announcements, so stay tuned!

This is all I needed to hear!  

Thanks Captain

• Upvote 1

tyvm.

Loving the DC-6.

I just noticed that the liveries are 'gone' after the update.

No biggie, I guess. Just an FYI.

Annd, just restarted the OC and it detected the missing liveries and offered to repair them. Cool.

Edited by RichieFly
Update #2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Thanks so much for the update.

I was one that the DC-6 was not recording  hours so I am looking forward to seeing how long the engines etc will last.

Best wishes

Bob Laycock

Thank you sooo much guys!

" even a few announcements, so stay tuned!" - perhaps the 10-tank longer range variant? That would awesome.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Or maybe a DC-7 expansion? :D 

But yeah a 10-tank expansion would be nice.

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to "a few announcements"!

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I really liked the way this update processed itself.  It was slick as could be and was just plain automatic.  You can just rely on PMDG.  I'm awaiting the next updates for Cloudmaster.  I already feel the DC-6 is one of the best hand flying sim aircraft I have flown.  A hand flown ILS is so realistic - steady and smooth.  However, I am crossing my fingers and hoping that a pop-up of the pedestal will appear.  The Auto Pilot brings back memories, but is very difficult to safely use.  Now, I have to use my hat switch to view down on the AP and further down to see the flap handle, gear and AP handle's position, plus everything else that is down there.  While you are down there, you can't see anything but part of the panel and pedestal.  It's one thing to working the AP controls, but then have to look down for say what flap setting are you at on final.  A pedestal pop-up on another monitor would be a dream come true and yet fully keep the originality of the aircraft.  I realize that their is a new view window for the pedestal, but I have not figured out how to use this.  Take care, I've been waiting for the DC-6 for a long time, and am sure happy to get it.  Mike Nicholson

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I already feel the DC-6 is one of the best hand flying sim aircraft I have flown.

Alexander Metzinger had a key role in how well this bird flies, and I agree it is worthy of superlatives.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

but then have to look down for say what flap setting are you at on final

Why?  There is a flap gauge on the center instrument panel easy to see without looking down and trying to figure out where the lever is.

As for the A/P, it's nice to have but a lot of DC6s in operation today do not have either a working Sperry (how many electronic technicians do you know that know how to work on tube-based servo amplifiers and PID controllers?) or a pressurization system.  The old Sperrys are very good devices for their day, and I am impressed with the engineering involved, but as with all things there comes a time when you cannot get spares or qualified techs.

Dan Downs KCRP

Feel silly, but still do not see the 

On 7/30/2017 at 10:44 PM, rsrandazzo said:

missing flight plan files for tutorials.

anywhere in my files.  It is possible that I am not looking in the right places, but I do not find them anywhere.  I uninstalled the old version, downloaded a fresh copy, and then performed the update.  Do they appear for others?

Justin Friedland

7 minutes ago, justin48 said:

Do they appear for others?

My Docs > P3Dv[whateverversionyouuse] Files > DC-6 Tutorial.pln file.

You don't need to manually browse to them. You just need to get to them in the sim (which defaults to this location). Moreover, the base installer won't add them. You have to use the updater in the OC.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I did run the updater after I reinstalled (I had to, as the OC demanded it, which is a good thing) but it did not install the DC-6 Tutorial.pln file anywhere.  I should note that I am using FSX:Steam, not P3D.  Is that the issue?

Kyle,

I did run the updater after I reinstalled (I had to, as the OC demanded it, which is a good thing) but it did not install the DC-6 Tutorial.pln file anywhere.  I should note that I am using FSX:Steam, not P3D.  Is that the issue?  I have version 1.20.8418.

- 000000: [Systems] Water injection annunciators illumination corrected

i dont see the four green lights. They stay off after the Update. 

I'm using FSX