Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Unable to Install 777 P3d4 Liveries

3 minutes ago, djorkaeff1994 said:

No Migration Tool used, only P3d v4 compatible add-ons.

Doesn't need to be used - simply having it installed will screw your registry up.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Doesn't need to be used - simply having it installed will screw your registry up.

I've never had any migration tool on my pc. It's a newly built rig and used only p3dv4 updated add-ons, everything was working until I made a clean reinstall of the PMDG products and all the others are working except 77L and 77W.

1 minute ago, djorkaeff1994 said:

I've never had any migration tool on my pc. It's a newly built rig and used only p3dv4 updated add-ons, everything was working until I made a clean reinstall of the PMDG products and all the others are working except 77L and 77W.

And you definitely uninstalled expansion, uninstalled base, reinstalled base, reinstalled expansion? You didn't do anything funky like uninstall expansion, install new expansion, uninstall base, install new base or something weird?

hello im daniel orduña i have the same problem since this morning i try to uninstalled base then exp then install base then exp for the 777 and no fix, the 737 is ok thought.

I'm also having this problem.

I uninstalled the 777 and expansion, then erased all traces of the 777 folders in the FSX directory (Not p3d, don't use p3d on this machine) then reinstalled, but I still get this error.

Now I'm unable to have any liveries other than the default PMDG livery.

Was working fine until recently, yesterday or so.

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

And you definitely uninstalled expansion, uninstalled base, reinstalled base, reinstalled expansion? You didn't do anything funky like uninstall expansion, install new expansion, uninstall base, install new base or something weird?

I uninstalled everything at once in Control Panel and then installed everything one by one, starting with the 737-8/900 then expansion 6/700, 747-400, and then 777 base and 777 expansion. The 777s do come up in the aircraft selection but obviously only with PMDG liveries. The other ones are fine. I'm flying the KLM 747 right now. It's just the 777s.

Just now, djorkaeff1994 said:

I uninstalled everything at once in Control Panel and then installed everything one by one, starting with the 737-8/900 then expansion 6/700, 747-400, and then 777 base and 777 expansion. The 777s do come up in the aircraft selection but obviously only with PMDG liveries. The other ones are fine. I'm flying the KLM 747 right now. It's just the 777s.

I'm trying to figure out if uninstalling the base before the expansion might be causing this

That is not the cause.

There is clearly some kind of hardcoded folder checking happening in PMDG's ops center and it seems to be a new piece of code.

We need to have the option to guide the Ops center to the correct folder or override its decision that the texture somehow exists even if it doesn't.

Just now, PMDG777 said:

I'm trying to figure out if uninstalling the base before the expansion might be causing this

To be honest I can't remember in which order I uninstalled it for the first time and that is why I tried it for the second time making sure to uninstall the expansion first and then the base. Still no luck.

2 minutes ago, djorkaeff1994 said:

To be honest I can't remember in which order I uninstalled it for the first time and that is why I tried it for the second time making sure to uninstall the expansion first and then the base. Still no luck.

Hmmm okay I would've thought a second attempt would have fixed that.

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Any of you noticing the issue happen to be using the Estonia Migration Tool?

No Migration tool used whatsoever.

And to add to the installation / uninstall procedure question asked earlier: I did a clean uninstall / new install with all new installers yesterday for the 737/800/900 + 600/700, 777/200 +300 and 747 v3 (uninstalled expansion packs first, re-installed last). No issue whatsoever with the liveries after that until the OC update this morning. It clearly has something to do with the OC code, not the actual installers of the airplanes IMHO. 

Jan

Same issue here. Have done reinstall for pmdg, p3d and even formatted whole computer and reinstalled everything in order, yet it's not working. I don't think it's any computer problem since it's being reported in the community from many people at the same time.
we going to need a update to fix this problem. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Choi said:

Same issue here. Have done reinstall for pmdg, p3d and even formatted whole computer and reinstalled everything in order, yet it's not working. I don't think it's any computer problem since it's being reported in the community from many people at the same time.
we going to need a update to fix this problem. 

That's really really strange because it's working fine for the majority of people, there has to be something causing this.

Same probleme here with a fresh install of P3DV4 product. NGX liveries work fine, 777 no way.

4 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

That's really really strange because it's working fine for the majority of people, there has to be something causing this.

Is there a way to get hold of one of the out of date (the one before this) installers and try to install those. Might be working with not the latest installer. Could give a try if there is a possibility.