Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Unable to Install 777 P3d4 Liveries

19 minutes ago, djorkaeff1994 said:

Is there a way to get hold of one of the out of date (the one before this) installers and try to install those. Might be working with not the latest installer. Could give a try if there is a possibility. 

I don't believe so since you can only grab the latest installer from your account, unless you have it backed up.

4 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I don't believe so since you can only grab the latest installer from your account, unless you have it backed up.

I just had a look and I've got an old one (v1.10.8378) on my laptop. This is for the 777 base. Unfortunately I haven't got the 77W installer backed up.

Is it worth copying it onto my pc and install it or will it not be compatible?

2 minutes ago, djorkaeff1994 said:

I just had a look and I've got an old one (v1.10.8378) on my laptop. This is for the 777 base. Unfortunately I haven't got the 77W installer backed up.

To be honest I've no idea

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Doesn't need to be used - simply having it installed will screw your registry up.

I just had a look and I've got an old installer (v1.10.8378) on my laptop. This is for the 777 base.

9 minutes ago, djorkaeff1994 said:

I just had a look and I've got an old installer (v1.10.8378) on my laptop. This is for the 777 base.

I find the idea of nuking an aircraft install to try and attempt to fix the OC a little backward. The OC exists on its own, even though we install the base pieces when we install the aircraft just to set it all up. Give it a bit and if there's an issue in the code, we'll release an update through the OC updater.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

I find the idea of nuking an aircraft install to try and attempt to fix the OC a little backward. The OC exists on its own, even though we install the base pieces when we install the aircraft just to set it all up. Give it a bit and if there's an issue in the code, we'll release an update through the OC updater.

thx you hope you can fix this soon cheers 

Out of curiosity, I checked my OC and I'm seeing the same behavior. I went ahead and filed a ticket on this issue as no one has mentioned doing so in either this topic or the one in the General forum.

Walter Meier

1 minute ago, wsmeier said:

Out of curiosity, I checked my OC and I'm seeing the same behavior. I went ahead and filed a ticket on this issue as no one has mentioned doing so in either this topic or the one in the General forum.

I filed a ticket too a few hours ago. Hopefully they will come up with a fix for this as it seems that quite a few of us have it and start to think that only those haven't got it who haven't updated their 777s.

Same problem for me.

FSX Boxed.

All other aircraft recovered liveries just fine. For all 777 models, OC warned me that there were missing aircraft.cfg entries for all official liveries. The only options I had were to delete or ignore. I deleted 40 liveries (making a written record as backup). Trying to download the liveries again from OC,I get an error "Livery not found in Aircraft.cfg after it should have been added!"

Looks like the OC doesn't know where the 777 aircraft.cfg's are at.

I just found out there's a backup aircraft.cfg_old... but only after I deleted all the texture folders LOL.

Anyways,

Robert Toten

IMHO I wouldn't touch the liveries or the OC until a fix has been published :). Not worth messing with your installation for there is obviously a bug introduced in the latest OC. It will be fixed, I'm sure. We only need a bit of patience.

If you leave the OC alone for the moment and don't install any new liveries everything is working perfectly normal in the sim. No reason to panic :).

Okay guys. So... I just couldn't leave it, having in mind that I could help the developers to find the issue easier.

I installed the out of date 777 base and when the operation center opened I had 2 notifications: 1. to update the Operation Center (could update from within the program)

2. to update PMDG 777 (Full installer download required) - didn't update it

PMDG 777 P3Dv4 ---> Livery Downloader ----> PMDG 777-200LR ---> Emirates      

Did install it without any errors!

This makes me think that there is something wrong with the new 777base installer and not the Operation Center.