I am mainly flying VFR online. Until now I used Plan G and VFR Flight. I heard a lot of good things about this program, so I installed it. One of the first things I noticed is that I do not see any function to add permanent user waypoints, that are essential in VFR flying. I am mainly talking about the VRP's that are part of most of the visual approach charts of airports. In the other programs you can either define them yourself or import them via existing CSV files, available from the internet. In VFR Flight, you can even convert them to real points that become part of your database. They have their own symbols that are easily recognisable on your map. Is there anything similar in Little Nav Map, or is something like that planned?

Regards

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

it is planned for the release 1.8. The next release is 1.6 which will introduce X-Plane 11 support (hopefully first beta in one or two months). After that I'will add a lot of enhancements like the user waypoints.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Same here, waiting for the release 1.8. Adding permanent user waypoints would be very helpful. Thx for your answers Alex.

Cheers

Jordi

Hello Alex,

User waypoints are not implemented is Version 1.8.3, right? Anyway, thank you  very much for your great job. 

Jordi

Thank you for your information Alex.

If I read it well, you will use the CSV file type that we know from other programs. Will you also use similar icons in you map to indicate the kind of user point and make them correspond with the first number in the csv file?

Any idea when version 2 will become available?

Cheers.

The plan is to recognize the already well known CSV files and similar ones as well as the X-Plane user.dat files. Read/write for both. Data will be kept internally in a file like the scenery databases.

Regarding icons: Have to see. I think I will use the same approach as with the user and AI aircraft icons. Default is SVG (scalable vector graphics) which can be overridden by placing a file in the settings directory. No fancy editor, though.

Availability? Well ... see here for the 2.0 Milestone. Consider that there only one developer working on this project (help is always welcome).

Alex

• Upvote 2